Michael Moore's new film SICKO

PerfectSK

Daemon Poster
Hey, I was just wondering if anyone has seen Michael Moore's new film Sicko? It's a documentary about the health care system. I just recently watched his film Bowling for Columbine, and man it was really informative. I mean I knew those two kids had problems but it seems like theres more to work than that. They talked about how in American society, the media hypes up a lot of things, and in turn breeds fear, & a constant desire to protect one self. He went to Canada, and surprisingly they feel pretty safe even though 10 million of their citizens carry guns. Many of them even leave the doors to their houses unlocked. I dunno, its pretty mind blowing to me how they can be so calm in a world like the one we live in today.

I'd like to hear your thoughts about the topic, and any comments on his new film.

I saw bowling for columbine, eh it was alright. I still think people should be able to have guns, it's been in the constitution for over 200 years and it will probably stay that way.
I didn't see sicko, and probably won't. I'm not into those types of movies. Yes, the American healthcare system is screwed up, but it's better than a lot, although I think it could definitely be better. I did hear that he said something about France having "free" healthcare, but it was proven that a large portion of their incomes is taxed for healthcare, and that there's really no such thing as free healthcare.

Haters :mad:

Actually, it does suck.

Although, I think it is not his place to glorify the mistakes of the American Government. He is an American to, right? Well he just undermined his very own government.

I wont watch any of his films. He is biased.

I've heard to many bad things about him.

You're right ArrizX, he's biased. Everything in the media such as newspapers, TV, news, movies, and all that is left wing biased. The exception is talk radio which tends to be right wing biased. Honestly, I don't like either side because I think they're too caught up in their beliefs as to which side "helps America and the American people achieve the American Dream" to even do their jobs, just look at congressional approval ratings. I consider myself an independent, and am all over the place politically. Both sides have good ideals, but are just as corrupt in my opinion.
I personally can't stand Michael Moore, and it's not because of his political affiliations. I think he's a jerk, he wants to take down everyone and he's one of those people I call "anti-everything" because he always gripes about stuff. My thoughts are if he doesn't like the country, we have open borders and he can walk right out :) He does an awful lot of griping and seems to like Cuba an awful lot. Why doesn't he go there if it's so wonderful? He seems to like the communist, low wealth society that has such great healthcare (he actually took someone there in his movie, it showed the excerpt on TV). My opinion is Michael Moore just likes to stir up stuff, he complains about propaganda yet his movies are FILLED with it from what I've seen. Bowling for Columbine might as well have come out and said "the second ammendment sucks, boycott the Constitution, we're anti-constitution, anti-gun and anti-Kmart"

i can't stand michael moore....wasn't his new film about how Cuba's healthcare system is better than Americas?

i can't stand michael moore....wasn't his new film about how Cuba's healthcare system is better than Americas?

He actually took someone to Cuba to get healthcare. I say since he likes Cuba so much, why not live there?

My opinion - beggars can't be choosers. You're paying very little to receive this health care. Be happy with what you've got, in many places people would kill for care like we have.

My opinion - beggars can't be choosers. You're paying very little to receive this health care. Be happy with what you've got, in many places people would kill for care like we have.

That's true. I think we're very fortunate to have what we have, sure you could sit and pick it apart and say it could be better, which is the case with just about anything. I think the healthcare system could be better, but I'm glad we at least have what we have here because we could be a whole lot worse.

IMO half the medicine doctor's subscribe dont work. although i probably wouldnt be posting here if it wasnt for medication...:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom