Is Vista worth getting?

ummm i have a question

With Vista and all:What do u get in vista that u dont get in XP Pro?
I no u get better homescreen and stuff but really just get a skin program and change ur skin. Do u really need aero? Do u really need this new OS? Why get it when u can stick with XP for a bit and then get Vista when everything is compatible with it. I am kinda happy that i bought Vista and it dosent work. Im going to get XP Pro then in a year or so i will switch to vista.
If u wanna risk the fact that it might now b compatible then go ahead but if u dont stick with the more stable OS.
And here is a vid i found funny on utube and i sooo understand this guy :D
http://youtube.com/watch?v=FVbf9tOGwno

ummm i have a question

With Vista and all:What do u get in vista that u dont get in XP Pro?
I no u get better homescreen and stuff but really just get a skin program and change ur skin. Do u really need aero? Do u really need this new OS? Why get it when u can stick with XP for a bit and then get Vista when everything is compatible with it. I am kinda happy that i bought Vista and it dosent work. Im going to get XP Pro then in a year or so i will switch to vista.
If u wanna risk the fact that it might now b compatible then go ahead but if u dont stick with the more stable OS.
And here is a vid i found funny on utube and i sooo understand this guy :D
http://youtube.com/watch?v=FVbf9tOGwno
  • DirectX 10
  • Much better security
  • Better interface (not just the Aero Glass - there's Flip3D and more)
  • Faster and better search
  • Better bundled apps
  • Easier networking
  • Readyboost
  • DreamScene
  • SideShow

Among many other things.

Here are some reasons I think vista is better:
1. New and updated features. It has a sidebar, new interface, new software such as movie maker, paint FINALLY has a crop function in it. The windows DVD maker is very good, I've used it before and it's great. The new windows movie maker is far superior to that in XP too, it doesn't crash either!
2. More stable. XP is great, but Vista doesn't have any of those annoying crashes that XP has which seem to happen for no reason.
3. Better security. UAC is annoying, but it works. Also it has antispyware built in, and the UAC makes it harder for unknown software to run on your PC. The new windows firewall is better than the one in XP, it actually works.
4. Readyboost is cool. It actually helps make your PC run faster, I noticed a difference when I used it on my PC. Things seemed to run faster.
5. Direct X 10. DX10 is far superior to DX9. I'm willing to sacrifice game compatibility to move on to DX10 which is the future of gaming. It has far better graphics, which are amazing!

Yes XP is good, I'm using it for now but only because I don't have a DX10 card. Once I get a fast PC and a DX10 card, I'm tossing XP out for good. Vista hasn't reached its full potential yet, which XP seems to have reached its full potential. If DX10 was XP compatible, that might be a reason to not switch to vista, but since Vista has DX10 people will switch to it for DX10 games.

need wow now
u don't like vista we get it
stop trying to talk every one out of as great os
have u even used vista for more then a couple days?
its a great os
stop talking about something u don't no
its pissing me off

ummm yea i bought it and it dosent work =(
And i fer got about DX10
and sorry fer the pissing u off :(
And if Vista dosent work on this new PC im getting then i shall support XP agian
I Stand corrected and accept my mistake

its ok
but u cant bash something for not even using it
its not vistas fault ether your pc is to weak to run it
or u didn't install it right
xp is a great os for underpowered systems
but any thing with a dual core
2 g of ram and a graphics card has no excuse for not having vista

but any way who ever started this thread if u meet the requirments i just said
get vista
great os ull have no regrets

Chill the f**k out esa. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. He doesn't like Vista, fine, you probably don't agree with that, but that doesn't give you the right to start flaming him.

By the looks of your sig, you're probably a 680i fan. I am not a 680i fan. Do you see me flaming you, saying OMfGz00RSS@!!@ j00 d0nTT kn0W WTf U r T@lkn1g aboutTT!!11!!!111111111
No. That's unacceptable.

Back
Top Bottom