Help ! My other computer keeps shuting off

Try taking the side of the case off your tower then switch it on to see if it boots if it does then you can look towards a heat issue,(cleaning of the CPU FAN and HEATSINC and the inside of you case as well, check your graphics card and ram sticks are seated correctly although if it was ram you would be getting some sort of beep error.

Your still not being clear mate. Do you mean that it loads the OS then shuts down at the startup screen or do you mean that you turn it on and it turns off 5 seconds later, or something else?

It will shut down after it loads the OS.

AND it shuts it self on and back off repeatedly ! ON and off ,on and off,, see what i mean, i think i need to replace a part !

Did his happen immediately after you ran your recovery disc or after you installed a piece of software like a driver or something?

It might just be a bad hard drive. Try booting into safe mode by pressing F8 during the boot up process.

It sounds like your CPU is overheating. GO into BIOS setup (Hitting Del) and look for a Hardware monitor.

It might just be a bad hard drive. Try booting into safe mode by pressing F8 during the boot up process.

OK i booted in safe mode and it has not shut off yet for 15 minutes so far

edited: IT TURNED OF AGAIN JUST NOW
do i need a new hard drive ?

Check for viruses, update all your drivers, or roll them back if you have just updated them before the problem started. Try running memtest and a HDD diagnostic. Test your PSU if you have a tester.

Back
Top Bottom