New Laptop

Juice1

Fully Optimized
Hi i'm having trouble making a tough decision here...

I can get a laptop for 700 USD. The specs are...
AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-50 (1.6GHz)
1GB 533MHz DDR2 (I can still upgrade it)
100GB Hard drive
12" screen (Which is why I want it in the first place)

Should I buy it?

Now, the catch is...

I don't have the $700 cash. I sell all my computers for the $700. Then I buy the laptop. I have the comp in my sig, and another laptop...

Specs for the laptop I have now...
Pentium M 1.5GHz
512MB Ram
60GB HD
14" screen

Should I give up my 2 computers for 1 better comp?

Please help me decide...

What i would suggest, either find a cheaper laptop, or save up until you have $700.

Maybe you could also sell one of the computers that is least important to you for like $500 (remember to backup everything on that computer!)

Or, you could by crap computers online and fix them up then sell them for more money.

But do what you want :)

Well don't sell that 150 gig raptor cause I'll buy it.
I was actually gona keep the raptor and just put a regular 160 Gb with a clean XP install in there... The raptor is great and I paid alot for it.

I wouldn't do it. That laptop really isn't that good. I don't even know if you could get $700 for those computers depending on how much you've used them.

Just add some more RAM to your current laptop, that should extend the life a bit.

Just add some more RAM to your current laptop, that should extend the life a bit.
My laptop is crap. Its also non upgradable (1 ram slot)

The new one is better than my desktop. I wouldn't mind having a laptop as a replacement also since I am barely at home to use my desktop... I only use it for gaming. I use my laptop alot but its really slow and I cant stand it. I dont think any more ram would have helped even if it was possible to upgrade it.

The new laptop is barely any better. It won't play any new games, it's got integrated graphics.

Lol, my laptop has a UniChrome gpu.
Anything's gota be better. I don't really do to much gaming either... Just a little CSS and The Sims 2. Besides a AMD X2 is WAY better than any Sempron/Pentium M.

If you are buying a notebook for gaming, something I don't recommend doing, spend more like $1000+ for it... You can get a better notebook if you must get a notebook. My notebook is for internet browsing, watching DVDs, and listening to music, and it runs great for me. Gaming on a 12" screen??? It may be portable, but notebooks that can handle games aren't the portable kind.

Back
Top Bottom