Plusnet

AFAIK, all companies use some sort of fair usage policy now, but its at their discression. I know BT normally cap you if you hit 15gig in a month, coz one of my friends got a letter for that. Whereas AOL who im with cap you at 60gig a month, coz i got a letter last month for hitting 71gig lol:)

Thanks to everybody for their opinions for & against
good.gif
I shall certainly think hard before I decide

AFAIK, all companies use some sort of fair usage policy now, but its at their discression. I know BT normally cap you if you hit 15gig in a month, coz one of my friends got a letter for that. Whereas AOL who im with cap you at 60gig a month, coz i got a letter last month for hitting 71gig lol:)

yeah but how can it be unlimited then if you are capped
yet they do not have an unlimited package just a 40gb which i would pefer over any fair usage policy cos it tells you straight how much you can download

yeah but how can it be unlimited then if you are capped
yet they do not have an unlimited package just a 40gb which i would pefer over any fair usage policy cos it tells you straight how much you can download
Its the way it is. The fair usage policy is their get out clause for people taking the piss and causing problems for the everyday user. Look at it this way, if you were a big ISP and loads of people where complaining that their connection was slow, would you get rid of the big group of people using next to no bandwidth or would you get rid of the few who were taking the piss and using tons? From a business point of view your gonna get rid of the ones using the most bandwidth.

The fair usage policy protects the ISP because they then have a reason to get rid of you.

Its the way it is. The fair usage policy is their get out clause for people taking the piss and causing problems for the everyday user. Look at it this way, if you were a big ISP and loads of people where complaining that their connection was slow, would you get rid of the big group of people using next to no bandwidth or would you get rid of the few who were taking the piss and using tons? From a business point of view your gonna get rid of the ones using the most bandwidth.

The fair usage policy protects the ISP because they then have a reason to get rid of you.
yeah i understand why they use one but i think that instead of saying unlimeted they should just say well you can download 70gb a month that would be much clearer for people cos whats the point in having a limit that you keep hidden from your customers till they cross it is there
my point is they shouldnt be selling the broadband as unlimited they should have to publish there limits cos another thing to consider what is fair usage to one ISP may not be fair to another . so for instance aol may find it fair and be able to cope with 70gb a month but say virgin may only have fair usage at 20gb so if you switch for aol to virgin you could have problems andalso what is fair to one person is not fair to another . so for you its 70gb a month but in our house we only total about 6-10gb although we are on a 2gb plan :D
see its mislading they way they sell it cos you think you can download as much as you want but in reality you are capped but you dont know the cap . Its like if the government lowered the speed limit but didnt tell anyone and then started fining people for speeding

yeah i understand why they use one but i think that instead of saying unlimeted they should just say well you can download 70gb a month that would be much clearer for people cos whats the point in having a limit that you keep hidden from your customers till they cross it is there
my point is they shouldnt be selling the broadband as unlimited they should have to publish there limits cos another thing to consider what is fair usage to one ISP may not be fair to another . so for instance aol may find it fair and be able to cope with 70gb a month but say virgin may only have fair usage at 20gb so if you switch for aol to virgin you could have problems andalso what is fair to one person is not fair to another . so for you its 70gb a month but in our house we only total about 6-10gb although we are on a 2gb plan :D
see its mislading they way they sell it cos you think you can download as much as you want but in reality you are capped but you dont know the cap . Its like if the government lowered the speed limit but didnt tell anyone and then started fining people for speeding
Take that up with the ISP mate, i dont make the rules lol :D

Take that up with the ISP mate, i dont make the rules lol :D

yeah but its most of them that do that :D me i just pay for 2gb then download 6-10gb and ornage dont give a fcuk seeing as they never sent me a letter . all i do is alternate . 1 month stick to 2gb then a few months later do a 10gb

yeah but its most of them that do that :D me i just pay for 2gb then download 6-10gb and ornage dont give a fcuk seeing as they never sent me a letter . all i do is alternate . 1 month stick to 2gb then a few months later do a 10gb
Wow that sucks...I would use 2 GB in 1 day easily.

Wow that sucks...I would use 2 GB in 1 day easily.

tell me about it . a few months ago i got pissed cos my connection went down so the next day i downloaded the whole sims 2 which is about 3 gigs compressed thought thatl show you but they didnt even bother , they usually send out a sub standard letter

Dear customer
we noticed your donwloads exceede the 2 month allowence you are allowed we are sorry to inform you of this but if you continue the excessive downloads we will have to charge you on a gigabyte basis for each extra gigabyte you download .
Many thanks orange customer services
If you have any enquires about this please email us at Customerservice@orange.co.uk .

I hat that god forsaken letter , never had one but a few friends have i always laugh at them and say ha ha should have told them to fcuk off right now

i have my plan anyway seeing as i have wireless i am just gonna say some dude hi acked my wireless

I never even care what i download , like today i downloaded four albums already of about 350mb
torrents as well they annoy me . I wonder if they count on my downloads

Back
Top Bottom