Which is better DSL or Cable

Well, DSL is cheaper, and it's considerably slower depending on which plan you sign up for, my Verizon DSL has a down speed of 90kbps on the 768kbps plan, so I get what I pay for. Cable is considerably more expensive and is considerably faster. If you're on a budget, and still want an edge over Dial Up, get DSL, it's still fast enough as long as you aren't constantly downloading stuff cuz bandwidth really gets sucked up really fast with DSL, especially if you have a few other house hold members using the wireless. If you got the cash, Cable is money well spent, and if FiOS is available in your area, i'd consider that as well.

It depends alot by area. DSL has faster typical uploads. Speeds for both cable and DSL depend on many things, line congestion (cable), line quality, provider, backbone links, etc.

I choose DSL because it's cheaper, faster and more reliable compared to cable in my area.

DSL is great for me. We're about a half mile away from the server, and I get the 5MBPS they claim in the service. It's faster than my 11MBPS cable I had before I moved, I only got around 1MPBS on that connection. I think it all depends on your location to the DSL server, I've heard that if you're far away it's very slow.

DSL is a lot cheaper than cable, but cable is extremely fast. I feel DSL is fairer priced for what speed you want. I have 3 mbps down, 768 kbps up DSL through Verizon. It works pretty great. Most of the time, I only get 600 to 800 kbps down, but it is worth the $30 a month.

i got cable
its awesome
i get my cable internet and phone with every channel and possible upgrade for 95 bucks a month (100 something after tax =/)
i think thats a pretty good deal

Back
Top Bottom