Error 0x0000008E

Giz

Beta member
This error appears every time i play "World of Warcraft: The Burning rusade" this did not happen when i played "World of warcraft", without the BC expansión.
I have read many topics in the official forum of warcraft, but:
-They say it can be a problem with the drivers of any Nvidia... but think i don't use one :S
-A memory problem; they have posted a link to the microsoft knowledge page, but it just doesn't work.

What can i do?

Thank you

Ummm are you able to play any other games without that error?

Try borrowing a graphics card off someone. It sounds like three problems, but they're all memory related. 1. The Hard Disk is corrupt. This is possible in places, reformatting usually fixes this, but some problems are physical. 2. The System Ram is cheap/bad/faulty. Often happens when people mix two ram sticks that aren't similar, or one is from a lower quality production line; sometimes a Ram stick can simply have been produced bad. 3. The graphics card's own dedicated memory is faulty. Rare but does happen, and has caused a great many head aches due to it's obscurity. Substitution rules these problems out.

The only problem is that i am using a laptop.

Would it be better if i get a new one?

Yep, as toshiba don't sell anymore of this model, i had to search in the net, i found this about my laptop model: Toshiba Satellite L20:
1.5GHz Intel Celeron M 370; 256MB PC3200 DDR RAM; 40GB hard disk; CD-RW/DVD-ROM combo drive; 128MB ATi Radeon R200 Express graphics; 15in 1,024 x 768 TFT; 56K modem; 10/100 Ethernet; 802.11b/g WLAN; 3 x USB 2; Type II PC Card slot; VGA out; S-Video out; Windows XP Professional; Microsoft OneNote 2003; 1yr C&R warranty. Dimensions: 333 x 269 x 37mm (WDH). Weight: 2.6kg

The minimum specs required are:

OS: Windows 2000 (Service Pack 4) or Windows XP (Service Pack 2)
Processor: Intel Pentium3 800MHz or AMD Athlon 800MHz
Memory:
Minimum: 512 MB RAM
Recommended: 1GB RAM
Video:
Minimum: 32MB 3D graphics processor with Hardware Transform and Lighting, such as an NVIDIA GeForce 2 class card or above
Recommended: 64MB VRAM 3D graphics processor with Vertex and Pixel Shader capability, such as an NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 class card or above
Sound: DirectX-compatible sound card

You say that you only have 256mb RAM, so that could be your problem.

Laptops arent that good for gaming anywho, that being said I played UT2004 on my laptop fine, but in the poo'est possible settings :p

The minimum specs required are:

OS: Windows 2000 (Service Pack 4) or Windows XP (Service Pack 2)
Processor: Intel Pentium3 800MHz or AMD Athlon 800MHz
Memory:
Minimum: 512 MB RAM
Recommended: 1GB RAM
Video:
Minimum: 32MB 3D graphics processor with Hardware Transform and Lighting, such as an NVIDIA GeForce 2 class card or above
Recommended: 64MB VRAM 3D graphics processor with Vertex and Pixel Shader capability, such as an NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 class card or above
Sound: DirectX-compatible sound card

You say that you only have 256mb RAM, so that could be your problem.

Now you talk about it, in my computer says i have 0,99GB :S the information above may be wrong, as i said before, Toshiba doesn't sell this model anymore :S so it can't be always correct :S

PS. I will start using my non-laptop computer :p
(If my wi-fi signal reached it... xD)

Your 0x0000008E error is caused when a kernel mode program generated an exception which the error handler didn't catch. These are nearly always hardware compatibility issues (which sometimes means a driver issue or a need for a BIOS upgrade)

So check for new drivers and a BIOS update.

Back
Top Bottom