how to view things over the network

dbzkid

In Runtime
how would i be able to access things on another computer in a network? (its my home network) how do i do this?
im running windows xp pro sp2

EDIT; When you next come on line, see post 3, respond, & do as it instructs or run the risk of having this post deleted.

- Right Click the folder you want to have access to
- Click Properties
- Sharing tab
- Check "Share this folder on the network" and click ok

Now you should see that folder in My Network Places on the other computer. If not, then you need to make sure both computers are on the same workgroup.

how would i be able to access things on another computer in a network? (its my home network) how do i do this?
im running windows xp pro sp2
CF Internal Security needs to know whether this is a genuine request, not a deception devised by you to gain illegal access to say, a school/college computer, this has been tried several times the past, is there a way that you can prove to us that you are being genuine please?

If its not his network, then the instructions above wont do anything. He needs to be an administrator to set that up, and he wont have those rights on a school network etc.

- Right Click the folder you want to have access to
- Click Properties
- Sharing tab
- Check "Share this folder on the network" and click ok

Now you should see that folder in My Network Places on the other computer. If not, then you need to make sure both computers are on the same workgroup.
Please see post 3.

Yea, it all depends on how the network is set up with rights to be able to acsess stuff, if its your network at home cant you just go on as Administrator anyway if its yours?

Back
Top Bottom