Need Immediate Help!

Liminator

In Runtime
Here's the situation. My setup is a single modem with two ports. One hooked up to the computer I'm on right now, and the other hooked up to my personal computer which can't seem to access the internet. What happened is that my brother logged onto my computer and he said a window popped up from Norton Internet Security for no reason at all asking him to pick a location such as home, default, office, etc. So he picked one and now the internet does not work at all. AIM, firefox, Internet Explorer, everything. I keep getting "Server no found". Now the weird thing is that that local area connection says everything is working fine. It's sending stuff but has received zero and when I check the support tab the address type is "Automatic Private Address". Also when I try to repair the connection it says failed "Renewing your IP address" yet when I disable and enable it gets an IP address. If you guys have any ideas that would be just GREAT!.

put it into the other jack and see if that works
if it dose that means a couple things
one its not an ethernet port because ive never herd of a modem with more then one
it might be for phone
if thats the fact u need a router wired/wireless both
id recommend linkys they make good ones

Sorry I'm a bit of a newb and the only firewall I have now is Windows. Also the IP type is still Automatic Private Address if thats important at all.

its fine if its just windows
did u try wat i said?
switching it to the working port for your other port
tell me if that works so wee can see if its the comp or the moddem

hmmm
thats really weird
try disabling windows fire wall
we might have to reconfigurer that

Back
Top Bottom