I need to click the Power button several times for a boot up...

Thieflock

Solid State Member
I need to press my power button repeatedly for the bloody thing to turn on. This is a new development and I want to say it's my motherboard. I ordered a new one hoping it will fix the issue and I also wanted a new one anyway. If you have had the same issue please tell me what it was, don't speculate because that doesn't seem to help much for me.

couldve been a setting in BIOS? or bad connection with the power cable from the case.

I had that issue, and it was the connection the mobo that was bad. This depends on whether you have a desktop or a laptop. If it is a laptop, then it is definitely the connection between the mobo and the small chip where the powerbutton is. If it is a desktop, then it could be that the connection is bad, the wire is broken, or the mobo has a bad power connection.

It could even be a faulty power button, you can check this by shorting the 2 pins directly on the mobo that connect to the power button, if it powers up no problem, then its the button.

It was the motherboard. I was using a BIOSTAR 6100, I now have an ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxes and I'm very happy.

Back
Top Bottom