Buy an intel core duo or wait for a new amd cpu?

Mr.X1

Solid State Member
Hi all

Buy an intel core duo or wait for a new amd cpu?

my budget for the processor is about 300-350 dollars.

im getting into gaming a little, so i'll need a good gaming and multimedia rig.

I'm planning to build a computer, but i doubt that because in the country i live in its hard to find the hardware so i may go with the pre-built ones.

:)

umm if you wait for new AMD CPU's u might aswell wait for the price drop on Core2Quad's but if u dont wonna wat then the e6600 will suit n e gamer at the mo.

also if u wait i think the Q6600 will be affordable soon

You can wait forever for something newer and "better"...........
Get the best you can afford with what's out now and don't look back.

You can wait forever for something newer and "better"...........
Get the best you can afford with what's out now and don't look back.

Yeah i would generally agree with that unless you know the price of something better already out is dropping soon i wouldnt bother waiting if you dont know when the price drop is as it could be tomorrow or it could be in 6 months. Only wait for price drops that you know the date off

And i wouldn't bother thinking after about 4 months wow that is $100 cheaper now as the 4 months of gaming fun you just had are worth much much more than $100

wait till july 22 i think it is
intel core 2 quad and duos drop price like crazy
plus we have no idea how the new intel lines going to be
wait for bench marks then decide to buy

Personally, since I just prefer AMD over Intel especially now since they're getting pounded on by C2D, I'd wait for the Barcelona Core to make it's debut and really see the capabilities of the final product, I'd make my decision of the price/performance ratio then and settle with C2D or Phenom.

Back
Top Bottom