Plusnet

P2P is what most clients like Kazaa, Limewire, Ares, and BitTorrent use. Basically, there's no central server. Users download files from one another.

If you download lots of stuff using any programs like that, it may be a hassle to set them up to work.

Most likely, Plusnet blocks the ports that those programs use to try to prevent piracy. You can still use them in most cases by making the programs use different ports, but that can be a pain to do.

P2P is what most clients like Kazaa, Limewire, Ares, and BitTorrent use. Basically, there's no central server. Users download files from one another.

If you download lots of stuff using any programs like that, it may be a hassle to set them up to work.

Most likely, Plusnet blocks the ports that those programs use to try to prevent piracy. You can still use them in most cases by making the programs use different ports, but that can be a pain to do.
I haven't d/loaded anything for ages, not music or anything else, so it shouldn't affect me, if I decide to install it.

There are tons of better companies than plusnet tho. Maurice, you should look on the site where i posted the link to before. There is a top 10 ISP list based on reviews by normal users.

yeah i agree with the above if you want to find a good isp but everyone has problems with each isp so even if it is number 1 you are not guaranteed a problem free service
although one thing i like about this plusnet company are that they dont offer an unlimited "subject to fair usage policy) bs thing that other isps use they are just straight cut about what you can download which i like it seems very open and seems honest

Back
Top Bottom