Steam on Linux

I got steam and CS/CSS working on linux a few months ago. Eh, it ran... playable.. somewhat.. but when compared to the silky smoothness of windows, it just wasn't worth switching IMO.

I actually see absolutely no difference in playing. Well, Windows is a BIT smoother but that is all.

Cable is way better in the East. The major one around the West is Comcast, which obviously sucks. AT&T DSL is cheap and consistent, but it's just not fast enough.

I actually see absolutely no difference in playing. Well, Windows is a BIT smoother but that is all.

It's a difference of nearly a 80fps for me, that and DX9. Wine does support it, but for me, I wouldn't get more than 20 fps.

I really liked using ubuntu.. but I couldn't stand handicapping the potential performance that these games had.
That and I couldn't get UT2004 to behave, that alone warranted go backing.

Just curious, what is your connection speed that you pay for thelis? We are hoping to get a 3mb down wireless connection at our house soon.

Wireless sucks so much ass. The wireless services here charge you by the gig, which basically means an average of $90 for a connection that is only 2mb.

Look into it closely and make sure they don't charge depending on how much you use the internet..

No they do not. I just hook up a wireless router into my modem, and get an awesome connection.

I use Optimum Online.

I live on the East Coast and most of my friends are using Comcast, they usually get downspeeds of 300 kbps, I'm using Verizon DSL right now 768k pack so I usually get downspeeds of 90 =/. I'm waiting for Verizon FiOS to reach my area, 20megabits down and 5megabits up, sounds too good to be true after years with DSL.

haha, the 3mbs connection is unlimited. And, its will be too good to be true compared to what we have had, lol, dial-up SUCKS to put it nicely...
We have waited like 2 years for something to become available, and they always tell me it is going to be soon, but now they are just waiting for a contract to put the tower in my area up...

Back
Top Bottom