Attaching Heatsinks

lmao expensive?!?! its a geforce 2 32mb gpu that my brother wants. the old heatsink was small and allowed it to overheat. i have a larger cpu heatsink that i tried putting on with duct tape :eek: needless to say it didnt work

if you can't fix something with duct tape you
a) don't use enough duct tape
b) use too much duct tape
c) have no idea what you are doing and/or can't improvise that well

if you can't fix something with duct tape you
a) don't use enough duct tape
b) use too much duct tape
c) have no idea what you are doing and/or can't improvise that well

Duct tape and cable ties are the only thing for ghetto rigging . I remember when my old socket A heatsink fan broke so i had to cable tie a new one in place and secure it with duct tape lol that was funny . I also remember running out of fan screws screws during a build and using cable ties to secure the fan

lmao expensive?!?! its a geforce 2 32mb gpu that my brother wants. the old heatsink was small and allowed it to overheat. i have a larger cpu heatsink that i tried putting on with duct tape :eek: needless to say it didnt work

Your brother wants it? :confused:

we got a for our computer our family got from one of my moms friends so we gave it to him cause all he has is a really crappy laptop. since everyone else already has a computer :p. right now it has an ati rage 16mb in it so yeah he wants it but isnt going to spend money on thermal epoxy too use it though

you can always use zip ties. put them through the holes in the PCB and just strap it down.

Back
Top Bottom