Mysterious Beep

Yeah, I'll start PC Probe prior to Prime95 to monitor temp. So how do I get it to run on both cores? Just copy the Prime95 install folder to another folder and run the program a second time from there?

Yeah, I'll start PC Probe prior to Prime95 to monitor temp. So how do I get it to run on both cores? Just copy the Prime95 install folder to another folder and run the program a second time from there?

yeah thats what rudester said . i dont have that problem you see :D

Well I ran Prime95 on both cores for approx 20min. The max cpu temp I saw was 68 a couple times for a second. It basically bounced between 66 and 67, and I never heard a beep. The motherboard temp stabilized at 40. Is that high? The idle temp seems to be right about 47 for the cpu. Looks like I might be bumping the upper limit on the cpu now and then causing the beep? I may need some Arctic Silver and another case fan. What d'ya think?

Read the manuals carefully. Nubish answer. lol. But it might work, cause the beep might just be a signal telling you that everything is working fine or something.

I didn't see anything in the manual about beep codes, nor on the Asus site. I would think though, that if it was an overheat code it would keep beeping at me. Not beep once every once in a while. I just played DoD:S for about 90 min, and it beeped maybe 3 or 4 times.

just a thought but is the cmos battery in there corectly and not flat . the beep may be telling you the cmos battery is dead

This might sound stupid, but sometimes while playing games you might hear a beep because of sticky keys. It's this Windows thing about pressing a button for more than five seconds, and it just its way of warning you that you're holding down that key for a excessive amount of time. I'm not sure, but hey it might be the answer to your question.

Back
Top Bottom