a great gaming pc wat you guys thing

You might want to consider a Radeon HD 2900XT instead of the 8800GTS as the most recent Catalyst Driver updates allow the 2900 to beat even the 8800GTX in some areas and is really competing very well with the 8800GTS 640MB version. It also comes with Half Life 2 Black Box as an added bonus. It's in about the same price range as the 8800GTS 640MB version too I think.

I also agree with Freestyler and definitely approve of the two alternatives that he provided for you.

id stay stick with an 8800gts probably just because i had a nvidia card that died on me and they were really good at customer service and helped me
i just like them better for some reason....
personal preference
but any way a big thing about the 8800 is crysis is built for that card

ya sure i was reading an interview about the developers of crysis and crytect engine and they have been developing it around intel core2 duo and quad
and nvidias 8800 give me a couple min to look that up

well one thing i would go for is instead of Vista go for XP Pro 64-bit
TOOO many problems with Vista <<<the evil word :D

XP x64 has the same problems as Vista. It all lies with getting software (especially drivers) to be compatible with 64 bit.

Definitely get Vista, it's the way to go for a new build unless you have software that still doesn't support Vista.

freestyler105 ill get the interview for u later i cant find it now and i got to head out but im not lieing
crysis was really designed around the 8800 for highest settings in x10

well one thing i would go for is instead of Vista go for XP Pro 64-bit
TOOO many problems with Vista <<<the evil word :D

Pro 64 bit sucked. Total lack of driver support. Vista's 64 bit version has better driver support than Pro 64.

You haven't actually sat down and used vista have you? It is better than XP in almost every aspect. All the problems I've seen (which isn't many) are the cause of other manufactures. And heck, when has the XP "go online and find drivers" button ever worked? Works great in Vista.

Back
Top Bottom