Scsi?

Yeah, but for the price and hassle of setting up SCSI, you could get a couple Raptors. No extra drivers to install, etc. Plus it's over $100 for a good SCSI controller.

Yeah, but for the price and hassle of setting up SCSI, you could get a couple Raptors. No extra drivers to install, etc. Plus it's over $100 for a good SCSI controller.

BUt my Mobo dont have sata ports . Could i just get a pci sata card instead

Only thing is . I dont game on my computer so all i would want out of a raptor is a more responsive system and faster boot and loading times from software so would it realy be worth me buying the raptor then
and another 512mb ram as well

I've got a couple of raptors and i noticed an increase in boot times. Personally i would get more RAM, maybe take it to 2gig instead with the money saved from the raptor.

I've got a couple of raptors and i noticed an increase in boot times. Personally i would get more RAM, maybe take it to 2gig instead with the money saved from the raptor.

what i might do is get a 1gb stick of ram and a 36gb raptor as it would only be a boot drive then a few months after get another gb stick
i might just do that but now i have to save up for it as i have nxt to no money right now

Isnt the harddrive one of the main things that hasnt changed much in a computer? And arent there supposed to be much different ones coming out soon? Much better than the spinning platter style?

Back
Top Bottom