Problem with a program in vista....

shawn_selig291

In Runtime
hi...i just installed vista again.... and i setup my main admin account...then i created a new standard user (so i could have parental controls on)..... anyhow.... i'm trying to get a program called weather eye.... (made by theweathernetwork).... and i can't get it to go in standard account.... it comes up with this note when i try to run it:

capturexb9.jpg

thats the note that comes up in the standard user account.... but when i log into the admin account..it runs np./..... i have tried to go into the admin account and try messing with secuirty and i set it up for full control on all users..... any help greatly appreciated, thxs, shawn

btw, i have tried installing this in the standard account and in the admin account....

Right click it, then select: Run as administrator.

If that doesn't work then it is probably a corrupted install or something, try reinstalling it.

Right click it, then select: Run as administrator.

If that doesn't work then it is probably a corrupted install or something, try reinstalling it.

when i right click and goto run as admin... the same note comes up as in first post.... like i said when i log into admin account it runs at startup...but for some reason it won't run in standard user... and i have just tried deleting the standard user and creating it again but it didn't help... anyother suggestions? ... , thxs, shawn

Well I just installed WeatherEye and I too couldn't access it with a standard account, yet it ran fine on the admin account. Weird. Maybe you could try using the Vista Sidebar gadget instead?

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather_centre/vistaweathereye

For the record..I decided to install it and setup a standard account to test out the parental controls, and i'm impressed with the options and logs Vista gives you! Would be good in a work environment as well as the home.

Matt

Well I just installed WeatherEye and I too couldn't access it with a standard account, yet it ran fine on the admin account. Weird. Maybe you could try using the Vista Sidebar gadget instead?

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather_centre/vistaweathereye

For the record..I decided to install it and setup a standard account to test out the parental controls, and i'm impressed with the options and logs Vista gives you! Would be good in a work environment as well as the home.

Matt

thanks alot.. i didn't know there was a side bar gaget....lol... i alwyas shut down the sidebar..now i will use it for that...... and yah....thats the basic reason i went to standard user.... for parental controls.... and so nothing new gets installed or donwlaoded form the kids...lol...thanks again

thanks alot.. i didn't know there was a side bar gaget....lol... i alwyas shut down the sidebar..now i will use it for that...... and yah....thats the basic reason i went to standard user.... for parental controls.... and so nothing new gets installed or donwlaoded form the kids...lol...thanks again

Not a problem, glad you can view your weather safely again! haha. The sidebar has got some pretty nice gadgets out, I use a few of them.

http://gallery.live.com

Matt

Some programs that were orginally designed for XP don't work out as well on Vista. I had the same problem with Resident Evil 4 and Hitman: Blood Money. After installation, the icon didn't show an image and when I clicked it, it gave that same notice. Just try reinstalling it and you'll eventually get it running.

Or you could try using the Windows Sidebar gadget instead.

Back
Top Bottom