Pioneer 110d Help.

blackjack

Fully Optimized
I need help desperately as my Pioneer 110D DVD writer seems to be on the blink, I can not burn a DVD anymore, I can burn a cdr no problem but every time I try to burn a DVDR the light comes on, the disc drive fires up but then zip the light goes out but there is a motor drive sound going as if its trying to write but it isn't. Ive reinstalled Nero to see if it was a driver issue,I have updated the firmware of the drive to see if that would fix it (no) so is my writer kiboshed or is there a fix to this? has anyone else got this writer and had the same problem?.

I've got 2 of those writers and the newer model in my pcs and have never had one problem with them. How long have you had it, it is either a faulty one or just past it's use by date.

Oh, does it read DVDs OK? I would also try and burn with something other than Nero to be 100% sure it's not Nero causing the problems (heck Nero always gives me grief)

Matt

It plays discs fine and ive tried different burn engines Ashampoo suit and superdvd creator, Win avi, they all stop responding so it must be something to do with the scribe tool in the writer, I think its going to be a new one, this one is only 18months old, the one I had before was a NEC2500A and that only lasted about the same.

maybe your using the wrong dvd or have you used those same dvds before?

Its not the DVDS I have been using them alot Ive just waisted about 6 dvdrs trying to find a solution to my problem, the bit thats bugging me is why the scribe works to burn cdr but not dvdr.

It plays discs fine and ive tried different burn engines Ashampoo suit and superdvd creator, Win avi, they all stop responding so it must be something to do with the scribe tool in the writer, I think its going to be a new one, this one is only 18months old, the one I had before was a NEC2500A and that only lasted about the same.

Well consider yourself lucky, DVD burners are as cheap as chips now, especially with the Blu-ray and HD-DVD coming out they will probably come down even more.

Matt

Its possibly the laser on the way out. Alot of drives have seperate lasers for the CD and DVD burning, so that would explain why CD is ok and DVD is'nt

No probs:)

You might wanna take a look at the lite-on super allwrite 20A1P its the current leader in PCPRO magazine.:)

Back
Top Bottom