Should I??

well im getting a new video card, psu, and another gig of ram. ATM i can only foward what is in my sig :( should i save up to get an 8800GTS 320MB which would mean i couldnt really game until school starts which is in septemeber. but the price might drop enough when the 8900GTX comes out i hope. i really want to get gaming on a computer but cant decide :confused:

buy now def.

it annoys me wen people wait and wait for prices to drop at the end of the day if the price has dropped then its prob coz something better has come out so by the time u saved for the GTS the 8900GTX will prob be out and u will want to save a bit more for that but by the time u have saved then the next card will be out lol.

its mostly old people that fall victim to this type of non common sense they are like oh yes i will not buy my new 32" not coz they are still £400 but by this time next year i will be able to get it for £300 but thats probably because u can now get a 42" for £400 lol so its pointless

this is really an unfair question for yourself, everyone else since they really aren't in the same situation as you will just say save since they aren't the ones saving, but saving is really agonizing lol. that being said, if the video card / ram you have isn't giving you unbearable results, just save your money for a while, who knows, maybe AMD will give us a surprise.

buy now def.

it annoys me wen people wait and wait for prices to drop at the end of the day if the price has dropped then its prob coz something better has come out so by the time u saved for the GTS the 8900GTX will prob be out and u will want to save a bit more for that but by the time u have saved then the next card will be out lol.

its mostly old people that fall victim to this type of non common sense they are like oh yes i will not buy my new 32" not coz they are still £400 but by this time next year i will be able to get it for £300 but thats probably because u can now get a 42" for £400 lol so its pointless

i can kind off see the point here , cos by the time you have saved up and waited then a newer better card will be out and you will kkid yourself into waiting for its price to go down then something better comes out . Tbh buy the card now and enjoy it if you have the money now why not the months of fun wil lbe worth much more than the lower price

also another thing to point out is that the 8800GTS and the 8900GTX will get old at bout the same time dont get me wrong they are gonna last a long time but wot im saying is that in 18 months - 3 years your card aint gonna be that great so your gonna want to upgrade again and at the moment i would say there is probably no game u cant play on high setting with the 8800GTS

Buy. You don't even know when the 8900's are coming out. There is a point where you have to stop and just say, "I'm buying this, and thats that." If you just keep waiting, you'll be waiting forever, because another half a year later new video cards are going to be released and you'll just end up saving for that and by then another video card will be out etc. Get what I'm saying? It's just a vicious cycle and there isn't really anything you can do about it.

Back
Top Bottom