Scsi?

wish i could have gotten a 10k drive :rolleyes:

keep the xp install on your current drive just incase you cant get the other drive to work

Ok,i installed XP Onto it,Windows bootsa in 55 seconds but the whole system is just alot more responsive and noticebaly quicker too.Thx!
It will get faster after a few reboots once Xp optimizes itself. If you want to force the optimization then let me know and il post the command for ya:)

yeah even a 20gb one wold own . i might get me one tho

i might get me a 15k drive tho . can someone please explain scsi to me as in what i would need and what all the little abreviations mean tho

i might get me a 15k drive tho . can someone please explain scsi to me as in what i would need and what all the little abreviations mean tho

I don't know much about SCSI, but I know that the drive are usually really expensive.

You need a scsi drive, and if your mobo doesn't support scsi drives which most likely it won't since they are mostly server drive, a pci scsi adapter

SCSI isn't worth the price for the average user, only really worth it in servers.

SCSI stands for Small Computer System Interface.

You need a PCI controller card first of all. This basically just lets you plug in SCSI devices. It costs anywhere from $50 to over $1,000. Then, you'd need an SCSI drive. Quickly browsing newegg, they cost $150 for a 36 gig 15,000 RPM drive.

You could RAID 2 74 gig Raptors for that price.

SCSI is mainly used with servers because of the bandwidth and reliability. They're generally more expensive to purchase as a result. But since you got it for free, you could give it a try.

SCSI isn't worth the price for the average user, only really worth it in servers.

SCSI stands for Small Computer System Interface.

You need a PCI controller card first of all. This basically just lets you plug in SCSI devices. It costs anywhere from $50 to over $1,000. Then, you'd need an SCSI drive. Quickly browsing newegg, they cost $150 for a 36 gig 15,000 RPM drive.

You could RAID 2 74 gig Raptors for that price.

74GB raptors are actually $150 too, they're pretty expensive.

Back
Top Bottom