Monitor keeps cutting out???

lloydy?!

Beta member
i need some help figuring out wats goin wrong with my computer. i have recently gotten command and conquer 3 and installed it on my computer. however when i play it, the program seems to work for about 5mins and then my monitor will die. as if it isnt recieving any signal. i have a 128mb graphics card and the program only needs 64mb so yer, i cant figure out why.

it is only when i play this game that it does it. any help at all will be much appreciated

your graphics card is probably overheating...whats the specs of you computer? and is it custom or prefab...you probably need better airflow in your case

ok thanx. the comp is prefab. 2.4ghz, 756mb ram, 128mb graph, 80gb HD. altho most of teh memory is used up.

should i try it but just like remove 1 side of the tower and allow more air to get to it??

do you have a fan that your supposed to use to cool your self down. fairly big not one of those hand held ones. point that at the case with the side open. if you can play C&C for longer than 15min. than you probably need better airflow in you case :(

can you give me a link to the computer you bought is it a emachine

well now that i think about it, it rather makes sense wat ur saying. my tower is pretty much closed off from any air intake really. it's in one of those computer desks you can buy. and its pushed up against teh wall of it. so not much air can actually get into it. and the fan is prolly full of dust anyway lol. ill give it a try and see how it goes

yeah clean it out with a bottle of compresed air or an air compresser. be careful with the air comperssor though the high PSI on it could damage hardware. use it at 3-4 feet away unless it is really low PSI's

Back
Top Bottom