Another (small, yet significant) brittish terror attack.

I took time off work to watch it, because my brother lives just next to the airport, and I was slightly concerned.

Bit of a coincidence that they found those London Bombers this week, then this.. and Gordan Brown becoming PM.. they have to be linked.

I'm glad no-one died though, this time.

Well, I know a lot of terrorist attacks should never be joked about, but as this time no-one, but an attacker himself, died I think this is quite a fitting verse.

Note, you have to read it in a Scottish dilect as it's glaswegein

"Och Firey, Flaming Jeep Cherokee
What in he'en went wrong with thee?
Petrol poured I over me,
Three score and twelve virgins so to see

But a passer by who saw my stunt
Saith "Te'ek tha' ya wee Jihadist C*nt!" . . . . . . . - meaning "take that you wee (as in small) Jihadist C*nt!"
And with his forearm, quite distinguished
Ma bid for martyrdom extinguished."

I thought it was absolutly suberb, and a brilliant mockery of the failed terrorists.

I was up in Glasgow this weekend, and it has shocked the people there, because it is the first time that their city has been targeted, there was definately a tension in the air, and no one quite really knew what to do...

Its sad, but I believe it was timed to definately test the new PM, and I have to say he has handled it better then Blair ever did, not jumping on every opportunity to score political points, or stoke the nation up into the a frenzy........

Sad to see.

It's weird though... Why England, why Scotland? It's not like any of the problems with the wars are your fault. If anything it our fault (The US that is). Either our Home-Land security is doing it's job, or the terrorists don't know how to "treat" the source of the problems.

At the end of the day, terrorist will always go for the easiest target. London is no longer a viable option as security and inteligence is that tight. Also, throughout history through the British Empire days, Glasgow was the Second City of the Empire. I think this had a lot to do with it as London was not possible, and a lot of Anti-western propoganda still relflects back at the British Imperial days still making an issue over something that is no more.

I wouldn't say it's all America's fault too, not at all. You have to remember that there has always been terror attacks from extreamists. Well before 9/11 and the US's war on terror. I think the root of the problem is religious intollerance of these extreamists, and their misconception of the west and our way of life. Wealth imbalance too must make them angery. Look at the bombings of Madrid. What's Spain ever done. In Canada, there was an incident, I can't recall the facts. Also, the 1st attacks on the World Trade center. To be honest, America and the colition, in my opinion, should be appluaded for trying to tackle the situation and the problem. Wether they are doing it the right way or not, only time will tell, however, I don't see the people in oposition comming out with any ideas, let alone better ones. Those, like the French Goverment, would rather cozy themeselves up to the extreamists, tollerate a terrorist bombing now and again and try to put the colition in bad light than to bother risking sorting out the root of any problems.

Anyway, just to let you know, police have identified the driver that drove into the terminal building at Glasgow airport....his name is Sinjheed Inajeep! :D

At the end of the day, terrorist will always go for the easiest target. London is no longer a viable option as security and inteligence is that tight. Also, throughout history through the British Empire days, Glasgow was the Second City of the Empire. I think this had a lot to do with it as London was not possible, and a lot of Anti-western propoganda still relflects back at the British Imperial days still making an issue over something that is no more.

I wouldn't say it's all America's fault too, not at all. You have to remember that there has always been terror attacks from extreamists. Well before 9/11 and the US's war on terror. I think the root of the problem is religious intollerance of these extreamists, and their misconception of the west and our way of life. Wealth imbalance too must make them angery. Look at the bombings of Madrid. What's Spain ever done. In Canada, there was an incident, I can't recall the facts. Also, the 1st attacks on the World Trade center. To be honest, America and the colition, in my opinion, should be appluaded for trying to tackle the situation and the problem. Wether they are doing it the right way or not, only time will tell, however, I don't see the people in oposition comming out with any ideas, let alone better ones. Those, like the French Goverment, would rather cozy themeselves up to the extreamists, tollerate a terrorist bombing now and again and try to put the colition in bad light than to bother risking sorting out the root of any problems.

Anyway, just to let you know, police have identified the driver that drove into the terminal building at Glasgow airport....his name is Sinjheed Inajeep! :D

exactly there is no point hiding from the problem it is better to face up to it and tackle it cos in the long run thaat is gonna be better thean hiding from it and hoping it gos away .
also theese attacks didnt shock me one bit . other then the ammount of petrol and gas canisters used as there have been terrorist attacks before many times before and there will be many times in the future cos there is always gonna be terrorism as long as religion and politics are around . theese two things singl handedly cause every problem you see in the world and when mixed they are a lethal cocktail and cause even more problems .

Oh and thatjoke had me ROTFL i know yo ushouldnt joke about this but hell nobody was killed and it lightens the spirit . hell i think even gordon brown would lagh at that

You do bring up some real good points. I never thought about how we do tackle every situation and try to deal with it, and other countries would just let it happen. Makes you happy you don't live in France...

Back
Top Bottom