Took the plunge

Vista is an awesome OS. The best version of windows yet, but my only complaint is that compatibility isn't quite up to par. A lot of my games aren't exactly new and don't work with vista. Even some of my newer games don't run correctly in vista so I went back to XP, I'm gonna wait until I get a faster PC before I start gaming on vista. DX10 looks great, and once I get a DX10 card I'll start doing a lot of vista gaming.

I agree. I love Vista. The best Microsoft OS ever in my opinion.

I hate how people talk crap about because of what they've read or heard. Try the damn thing yourself before you say anything. :rolleyes:

If any of you are wondering, I got this TV tuner.

Ah, nice. I would get a TV tuner, but I have the Business edition so it lacks the Media Center that Home Premium has. Oh well...

I'm thinking of getting cable TV and a TiVo anyways.

Oh yeah, so about that TV tuner, I noticed some component video and audio in ports. Is it possible to connect a console and have it show up on your monitor like you would with a VGA cable? Not sure if anyone has ever tried that...

I belive so. I read somewhere about tuners with the right ports being able to do that, so I looked for one with those ports (and so my DVD player can plug in if I want it to.)

When I get everything, I'll try it out and let you know.

Vista has been installed (i'm posting off it now). It only took 17 minutes from the time I entered all my info, to the time I was looking at my desktop. Love it. Once I get all the updates and fun stuff install, I will post again!

Back
Top Bottom