does anyone like xbox 360

Eh, you could just easily send it to ColorWare and have them color in matte black. As for the hard drive, if you do it right, you could easily modify it with a bigger hard drive.

Whatever. Each to their own...

I guess it's not bad for $480. No point in it if you don't use all 120GB.

i know they do. last time i belive a sales rep :rolleyes: does the 360 have a single fan or 2? or heck any at all. never seen it cracked open before :( actually never seen next gen consoles inyards as my bro would call em lol. the xbox's cooling system definately wouldnt work on newer hardware though. a small RPM fan and a couple of heat sinks. funny thing was that the fans was between the GPU and CPU heatsinks. hardly any airflow over them

The first Xbox had a small 50mm or 60mm fan running at 5v. It was so the console wouldn't sound like a jet turbine.

The Xbox 360 has a better cooling feature, but this is because the hardware runs so much hotter than the original Xbox's hardware did. The original Xbox had two small aluminum heatsinks covering the CPU and GPU, but the Xbox 360 has a slightly bigger aluminum heatsink for the Xenos GPU and a aluminum finned heatsink with a copper base and heatpipes. Two 80mm-ish fans move the hot air out of the case.

Recently, some European Xbox 360's were sighted with an extra heatsink attached behind the DVD drive with a heatpipe or two leading to the CPU heatsink for additional cooling. This is probably one of the features Microsoft has been taking to prevent the 'RRoD' or Red Ring of Death. :p

Blue Screen of Death, Red Ring of Death... Who do these Microsoft people think they are, doomsayers?

Recently, some European Xbox 360's were sighted with an extra heatsink attached behind the DVD drive with a heatpipe or two leading to the CPU heatsink for additional cooling. This is probably one of the features Microsoft has been taking to prevent the 'RRoD' or Red Ring of Death. :p

I had one of those and just got it replaced. The new one is uber loud. I wonder if it's louder than the last? (My last one was in a cramped TV cabinet enclosed in all but one direction, apparently that is a big no-no for 360s. But you couldn't hear it that much.)

Back
Top Bottom