BSOD during format?

the whitman

Solid State Member
so i'm tryin to format my compter and i just got this bsod.. this is a first but normally it just says it can't find my hard drives.. i also keep trying to install the sata drivers but it won't read them off the floppy.. :mad:

I've had this happen before. Don't really know the cause though. Are you overclocking? If so then try resetting clocks to stock.

I have seen that caused by bad RAM. Is it possible for you to run Memtest, or even try different sticks of RAM?

You could also try loosening the timings up or raising RAM voltages slightly if the motherboard allows.

I had a similar problem with an old PC whereby the XP install would either BSOD, or it would say "cannot copy files". The latter lead me to believe the disc was bad, and when I eventually got it installed thought my problems were over. The PC started rebooting randomly and would turn on on it's own, I thought it was the PSU. took out one of my RAM sticks, now the PC runs perfectly and installs fine. So I would definately try either taking one stick at a time out if you are running in dual channel, or try some different RAM, possibly from another system.

Matt

0x0000007B is the code. it also asks me to put in some manufacturers floppy disc that i don't have. any insight on that?

Is your HDD SATA? If it is then you probably need to install the SATA drivers first so that the OS can see the HDD. This would also cause the STOP error your getting.

What make/model is ya mobo?

Back
Top Bottom