Vista Wont Lunch just Fedora HELP!!!!!!

That wont work for me, How can i uninstall fedora?
It is not listed when i insert the install CD

That wont work for me, How can i uninstall fedora?
It is not listed when i insert the install CD

In XP (and im 98% sure it's same in vista) you should be able to insert the CD, go to recovery console, and type fixmbr and fixboot and you should be able set a windows boot record so you can boot into windows now

Find out what key makes your computer display boot-menu on boot up. Some are F8, other are F11, or a rare few Esc.

When it's up, just choose the hard drive you want to boot off of.

Find out what key makes your computer display boot-menu on boot up. Some are F8, other are F11, or a rare few Esc.

When it's up, just choose the hard drive you want to boot off of.

For Some Reason It wont let me just select the HD i want to boot off of

Yes But It still wont boot Windows It will go straight to Fedora
I don't want Fedora tho I don't Give a shit about it I just want it uninstalled so I can have Vista Back, If anybody can help me with that it would be grate if u cant than don't post on this thread!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :)

Ok, insert a vista or xp cd in, boot off of it, and go to the part where it asks you where to install the new vista, (you dont actually have to install a new OS) then find the partition that has Fedora on it, and simply delete it. Then reboot, if it still doesnt work then do the same thing except there should be an option to fix windows once you boot of the cd.

You could also d/l a copy of ubuntu for free (it is legal), make an ISO, boot from it. Then in the installer you could delete the Fedora partition, save and turn off the comp. Then remove the disk and you got your Vista.

Just for the record if you wanted to keep both you could have done what I had to do yesterday..

Situation:
Had Vista installed only, wanted XP clean install to play games on.
Installed XP to find that Vista wouldn't boot, only XP would.
Inserted Vista DVD and loaded it up at boot, it found my Vista install and fixed my boot file, so I could boot Vista but not XP now. I then followed the instructions on This page to get dual boot working.

At least you got it going again :)

Matt

P.S I had a sandwich for LUNCH, not Fedora :p

Back
Top Bottom