Took the plunge

If there is no milk to dunk the cookies in then I'm not joining you :p

Coffee works too....

Oh yeah? What's next, a pay raise? No way! Also, no dental insurance... so like... don't expect much more. We are sort of underfunded.

Does it involve... internetless torrents? I really want to know how you did it..

Haha, I got Vista Business for free. The OS I'm using right now. :)

It's a legal licensed copy too. No torrents, nothing illegal. :D

How are you guys doing this!!!!!! The only thing I have ever gotten for free was Vlite.. And I am not sure if it IS legal.

no vlite isnt legal and as for alvino i think he may have gotten it through his school, college or university ?

Vista Lite technically isn't legal. I don't think it's certified by Microsoft. Not exactly sure they would approve of people removing things from Vista. :p

As for me getting Vista for free, it was through the Power Together initiative from Microsoft. I happened a while ago and the site links to MSDN now.

Basically there were two sides to the site: Vista and Office. You choose the side and you register. Then you can choose from a huge list of webcasts ranging from business to software programming and you must watch three. The site logs when you've finished the webcast, so it'll know when you've watched three. After you're done, you just wait 6 to 8 weeks for it to come a viola! A copy of Windows Vista Business or Office 2007 Professional. :)

Vista is an awesome OS. The best version of windows yet, but my only complaint is that compatibility isn't quite up to par. A lot of my games aren't exactly new and don't work with vista. Even some of my newer games don't run correctly in vista so I went back to XP, I'm gonna wait until I get a faster PC before I start gaming on vista. DX10 looks great, and once I get a DX10 card I'll start doing a lot of vista gaming.

Vista Lite technically isn't legal. I don't think it's certified by Microsoft. Not exactly sure they would approve of people removing things from Vista. :p

As for me getting Vista for free, it was through the Power Together initiative from Microsoft. I happened a while ago and the site links to MSDN now.

Basically there were two sides to the site: Vista and Office. You choose the side and you register. Then you can choose from a huge list of webcasts ranging from business to software programming and you must watch three. The site logs when you've finished the webcast, so it'll know when you've watched three. After you're done, you just wait 6 to 8 weeks for it to come a viola! A copy of Windows Vista Business or Office 2007 Professional. :)

v lite isnt legal A because it is cracked version of the ultimate version with some stuff removed
B because you have to decompile vista to makeit which is strictly agains the EULA .
also can you still get free vista

Back
Top Bottom