Took the plunge

Celegorm

Site Team
Staff member
Well, about an hour ago I took the vista plunge. I ordered Home Premium (32 bit) off of newegg as well as a TV tuner.

For those who are wondering, I got the 32bit because I rely on Itunes way too much to have it not even be guaranteed to install on a 64-bit OS. I mean comon. XP has had a 64-bit version out for what, 2 years now? If it has taken that long, what will vista do to speed things up. Probally nothing.

Can't wait. With the holiday on Wed, It should be here on Fri.

Did you already have Vista lite. I was wondering if that was one of the things that made you take the plunge. I like Vista. It's nothing like all the haters say. A few things probably won't work for you, but it is still really good.

No, I don't have Vista Lite, but I have used Vista enough at work to know I love it.

From what my research tells me though, all my programs work in 32bit, So I should be ok.

Well, bet your looking forward to all that, once i'm paid, my laptop is getting a good refurb.

32-bit should run almost any program that XP runs. It isn't a question of compatibility, it is a question of how moronic the user is. Most people that hate on Vista cannot open a file in compatibility mode.

Well, about an hour ago I took the vista plunge. I ordered Home Premium (32 bit) off of newegg as well as a TV tuner.

For those who are wondering, I got the 32bit because I rely on Itunes way too much to have it not even be guaranteed to install on a 64-bit OS. I mean comon. XP has had a 64-bit version out for what, 2 years now? If it has taken that long, what will vista do to speed things up. Probally nothing.

Can't wait. With the holiday on Wed, It should be here on Fri.

I figured out how to get home premium for free :) (Doesn't involve internet)

Does it involve... internetless torrents? I really want to know how you did it..

^^ Did you steal it from a store:p

Personally, I wouldn't trust free and/or torrented copies of this. Not yet anyways.

cant believe you paid for it . Nah onl joking. from what i have used of vista and using vista lite it is good . My machines arent powerfull enough to run a proper vista so i have to use vista lite and thus meaning my only complaint about vista is its resource heavyness but i supose most decent computer bought in the past year should run it
My only reason for not getting vista lite and using it all the time is the absence of a wireless driver for my laptop . That and i cba resetting up my desktop with all the software

Back
Top Bottom