Rate My Rig (Show off your computers juevos...)

I would have to agree ^^ , that way you would have four times the expectancy of 4-drives to 1.

I personaly dont like big drives as you usually end up partitioning it into smaller logical drives but then if the drive fails you loose a ot more . I would much prefer 4 250gb drives over a 1tb

If you have the space to store those four drives, then yes. But 1TB in a single drive is logical for those who need lots of capacity while saving physical space.

Well, a lot of cases nowadays have quite a lot of ports for HDDs and such. Mine has 6 so I couldn't be bothered.

If you have the space to store those four drives, then yes. But 1TB in a single drive is logical who need lots of capacity while saving physical space.
Well yeah but personally i would go with 4 seperate 250gb's much better IMO

I would like the 1TB one if I had the money. Hard drives these days are far more reliable than they were even two or three years ago. Most of the problems these days are from random manufacturing errors, but the hardware itself is actually quite reliable. The Hitachi drive is supposed to be really fast too, especially fast for a drive of that capacity.

Anyways, everyone has their own preferences.

I would like the 1TB one if I had the money. Hard drives these days are far more reliable than they were even two or three years ago. Most of the problems these days are from random manufacturing errors, but the hardware itself is actually quite reliable. The Hitachi drive is supposed to be really fast too, especially fast for a drive of that capacity.

Anyways, everyone has their own preferences.

dont get me wrong , i would have 2 of them in raid 1 as then there is little to no chance of both drives failing at once and when one does replace it . i just wouldnt like the ide of hacing all my data on one drive and would much rather have it on 4 different drives meaning less chance of loosing it all .
also i am not saying the 1tb one is more prone to fail than other maakes and yeah the drive does actually look reasonable speedy for a 1tb

perfect 10/10 dude total dedication. maybe a bit TOO much lol jk. totaly beats my system though.

you should OC that rig

Yeah well sure it is an alienware and if it where me i would have got a high end Dell XPS system for that price or built my own but it owns my rig and prolly a lot of other rigs

Dell is Alienware..

Back
Top Bottom