xp activation

turbo8

Solid State Member
my hard drive crashed, so installed a new one, and reinstalled xp
it says my cd key is not valid anymore to activate.
is there a way to change it in the regestry to say it is activated, or am i going to have to call up MS to fix the problem?

i called and it said it was invalid, the disk came with my computer back in 2003

If its an original key, and your using the correct disc etc, then it should be fine when you call them up and explain. Sounds to me like you're using a pirate.

If you have the original disc then MS will activate it from there side for you I have used this option before, after I used my CD key to many times from reformatting excessively due to a hardware issue.

my hard drive crashed, so installed a new one, and reinstalled xp
it says my cd key is not valid anymore to activate.
is there a way to change it in the regestry to say it is activated, or am i going to have to call up MS to fix the problem?

I managed that Microsoft sent me a disk of Vista even though I only had the CD-key. Anything is possible if you put your mind to it.

IMO call them up and tell them exactly the problem, I do not see a reason why they wouldn't replace the key.

i figured it out, its because it came with my dell, i have to call them up, very hard to understand them, are they outsourced to india or something

apparently they only need the first column to verify it is legit....i think you can type in gibberish for the rest of the things and it will activate it no matter how many times you have done it. not sure though

to be honest i have activated the SAME key probably 30 times:eek:

Back
Top Bottom