DELL, Kings or Crudbuckets???

tom-knox

Fully Optimized
Dell????

Are they good or bad?
What are your views on one of the worlds biggest comupting companies???
Have you used them before, and if so was it a pleaseure or a pain in the ***??

Leave your feedback, tell your story or let off some steam,

Tom

hahaha...... well my mom buys all dells...... i think the hardware lasts good....... we have 2 laptops and 2 desktops from them..... none of them yet have to fail....knock on wood..... (except maybe the odd time when the user breaks stuff by playing around and not beinf carefull)........

their support, lets just say i think it could be way better..... don't buy from them if u want excellent support........

if i where to make another computer choice it would be customs built..... hope it help somewhat....

I've heard alot about their lack of quality in support department,
Thanks for the help, Anyone else got an opinion???

I've heard alot about their lack of quality in support department,
Thanks for the help, Anyone else got an opinion???
I voted average and that is why .The dell i have has been great but when i rang customer support to ask about the length of the warrenty as we had ordered a 3yr one and the paperwork in the box only said 1yr and it was horrible .
As for the computer its self it is as average . The pricing isnt as good as build your own obviously and if i had built my own it would have been better as mine has a cheap mobo with onboard graphics and no agpslot but for a budget system it works does the job it is supposed to and i have no complaints .Also speaking as the computer literate person in my house who has to fixwhen things go wrong it couldnt be better . The worse thing that ever happened was when i booted and realised it had mcafee security center pre installed . Oh that and it came with only 256mb ram so i had to up it another 256mb for 512

If you wanna gaming machine tho i would def advise go and build your own as you can get much cheaper orr better for your money but they are ok if you wanna budget machine for internet and word processing . Tey are also the biggest computing company as people buy them cos they dont habve knowledge to build and dont wanna mega gaming machine just need word processing and internet machine

Here is my take on it: Their cheap computers are incredibly bad. Their high-ends are decent, but if you are getting a high end from them, then why not just take that money and build your own, much better, system.

Dell????

Are they good or bad?
What are your views on one of the worlds biggest comupting companies???
Have you used them before, and if so was it a pleaseure or a pain in the ***??

Leave your feedback, tell your story or let off some steam,

Tom

Bad for the consumer. However taking a look at distributer pricing, dell is EXTREMELY cheap which gives it a big advantage. Easy 40% off other solutions.

Keeping customer service out of the equation, they are average.

Their cheap ones are crap IMO. However, their high-end ones are actually pretty good.

Dell makes a good machine if you don't plan on upgrading. Mine has been good since I replaced the HDD and CD drive and upgraded the RAM. Customer support is awful, but if you take that out of the matter then they make an alright machine.

Back
Top Bottom