Rate My Rig (Show off your computers juevos...)

Yeah, Raptops are great for gaming, but that is basically it. They are incredibly fast, but cost loads.

I am happy with my Seagate Baraccuda 250GB. I am probably going to get a second one now that I think about it.

Yeah, I will get one of those and a 78GB Raptor, so I will have a 250GB Barracuda, a 320GB Barracuda, and a 78GB WD Raptor.

Nice. I'm thinking of buying one of those 78GB Raptors for boot and gaming. The 320GB can be for storage. :D

78?....guys its 74GB. And the 1TB Hitachi drive is sooooo fast. And Alienware uses Koolance water cooling parts...Koolance = alu + copper. Alu + copper = galvonic corrosion. You can substitue to find the rest of the equation.

Yeah well sure it is an alienware and if it where me i would have got a high end Dell XPS system for that price or built my own but it owns my rig and prolly a lot of other rigs

Aaanyways, if you want top of the line, go here:
http://www.voodoopc.com/transactions/qksummarynew.aspx?Qsessid=7bf20588-8dfd-4f55-a1b1-adf03f690322

Features :

OMEN Gold

Components :

Liquid Chilled Voodoo OMEN
Voodoo Performance and Stability Re-Engineering
Voodoo Renowned Cabling System
Voodoo Disaster Recovery System II
Voodoo EDGE Mousing Surface
Voodoo Koeskin System Binder
VoodooPC T-Shirt
IS09001:2000 Quality Control Standards
Voodoo MAGA Aluminium Chassis
Voodoo Illuminated Mask & Airbox
Eye of the Storm and Electric Veins
Voodoo Intel SLI Motherboard
Voodoo Stealth 1000 Watt Modular Silent Power Supply
Intel® Core™2 Extreme Quad-Core QX6800
Voodoo OMEN Supercharged Intercooler
Purple Voodoo super coolant
4GB Corsair PC8500C5D DDR2
750 GiG Seagate 7200 RPM
750 GiG Seagate 7200 RPM
750 GiG Seagate 7200 RPM
750 GiG Seagate 7200 RPM
500GB USB2.0 16MB 7200RPM
Molded Digital Card Reader
LG Blu-ray disc rewriter & HD DVD-ROM Drive
LG Blu-ray disc rewriter & HD DVD-ROM Drive
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 ULTRA 768 MB Liquid Cooled
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 ULTRA 768 MB Liquid Cooled
46" Samsung Syncmaster 8ms Gaming LCD
Creative Labs X-Fi Elite Pro
Creative Gigaworks THX 7.1
Voodoo GIGABIT Ethernet Connection
Worldwide Shipping
Windows Vista Ultimate
Windows Vista Ultimate
Microsoft Office Pro 2007
FUEL Software Essentials v2.0
Tom Clancy Splinter Cell 4 Double Agent
Battlefield 2: Deluxe Edition w/Special Forces Expansion
F.E.A.R (First Encounter Assault Recon)
Half Life 2 : Episode 1
Logitech diNovo Edge wireless Keyboard
Logitech DiNovo Media Desktop Bluetooth
Logitech® MX™ Revolution
Logitech G25 Racing Wheel - Wheel pedals and gear shift
3 Year Voodoo Desktop Warranty Policy
Desktop Platinum Upgrade Policy
3 Year DESKTOP World-Wide Aircare Service

Total: ~$23438.76

For that price and it doesn't have a Raptor?

I'd like to see your alienware benchmark. 4k for that system is TFF! You sound like you got money to burn but for 4k you could have built something so much better. You figure a quad core $900 , 2, in SLI 8800GTX's $1.1k, 1,000watt psu $300, Case $200, 4gigs of ram $225, 2 DVDrom drives $50, 22inch LCD $300, 2 500 gig HD's $200, Top of the line soundcard $250, Logitech Z5500 speakers $300 and say vista ultimate $199 would come to $4,025 Opps forgot a board $250 so $4,275.

Note thats me just giving a rough estimate price's might be a tiny bit over/under but its right around 4k. And that system would pw3n yours all day long.

78?....guys its 74GB. And the 1TB Hitachi drive is sooooo fast. And Alienware uses Koolance water cooling parts...Koolance = alu + copper. Alu + copper = galvonic corrosion. You can substitue to find the rest of the equation.

Oops. Forgot it was 74GB. :p

Yeah, the Hitachi 1TB hard drive is supposed to be really nice. Shame it's so expensive.

Oops. Forgot it was 74GB. :p

Yeah, the Hitachi 1TB hard drive is supposed to be really nice. Shame it's so expensive.

I personaly dont like big drives as you usually end up partitioning it into smaller logical drives but then if the drive fails you loose a ot more . I would much prefer 4 250gb drives over a 1tb

Back
Top Bottom