Lost planet and dial-up?

superman22x

Golden Master
I just got lost planet, and just looked on the back as I am trying to install, and it says, Internet:broadband connection required to play, does that mean I have to have high speed to play single player!!? I hope not, cause i only have dial-up...

no lost planet dosen't need broadband for single player only for multiplay bought it for the x box 360 on launch date not a bad game but i didnt like it as much as i thought i was!

The thing that kinda makes me angry is, that its gotta update now, and it was released like 3 days ago, and I have dial-up, so as you can guess, its taking for ever, and I get a message saying lost planet cannot run at this time everytime I try and play it, so I guess for a couple nights I'll let it download...

The thing that kinda makes me angry is, that its gotta update now, and it was released like 3 days ago, and I have dial-up, so as you can guess, its taking for ever, and I get a message saying lost planet cannot run at this time everytime I try and play it, so I guess for a couple nights I'll let it download...

that's kinda dumb that you must update to play it... When I had dial up I didn't even bother to update the games, I just played them and they worked fine. Now that I got DSL, I updated a game and it seemed to have more bugs than the regular game before the update.

no lost planet dosen't need broadband for single player only for multiplay bought it for the x box 360 on launch date not a bad game but i didnt like it as much as i thought i was!

Games for the computer are never good for consols. I'm not sure which it was intended for but the computer version is probably so much better.

It's for the online multiplayer. Single player doesn't need high-speed broadband.

The only real difference between Lost Planet for the PC and the Xbox 360 is that theres some small DX10 changes here and there, like softer shadows etc. Overall, there isn't too much of a difference between either.

Personally I would get the Xbox 360 version just because it's more unified and easier. You won't notice much graphical difference and I prefer to play with a gamepad (you could do the same with the PC version if you have a Xbox 360 gamepad). The controls seem to be adjusted for more gamepad use than keyboard/mouse use.

Yeah, I played it on 360 and hopefully I can play it on computer, if I can't, well, than I will have to wait 2-3 months when at&t or t6 becomes available.

I got the demo from Steam, and it was alright. It was a bit over-stylized for my tastes.

As for updating it with dial-up, I must say that sucks. I have cable and I hate updating games, seeing as it takes away from playing time.

It's not bad. It plays a lot like a classic arcade run and shoot 'em game. I liked it.

yeah, I thought it was a really fun game myself. I cant wait til I can get High speed and play BF2142 and halo 2 online. I have a lot of games I want to play online. I wish you could play split screen on computer though for games like bf2142, like when I have a friend over.

Back
Top Bottom