Rate My Rig (Show off your computers juevos...)

I have STALKER and run it at full video specs and its beautiful. FEAR I have on the 360...its pretty cool as well. Got a 55" Sony HD 1080i Tele to play that on...:)

Don't care about the price...3yr warrenty, good interal work...VERY CLEAN....LOTS of room to expand....on credit....

Alienware isn't too bad. Personally I like Falcon Northwest and Voodoo PC more. Those are definately respectable companies. If you bought a Voodoo Omen PC, you would have so much more respect. It may be expensive, but it's SOOO much more worth it than an Alienware.

Velocity Micro, Vigor Gaming, Hypersonic and Gateway and some other smaller companies aren't too bad, they actually have some nice setups too. Yes, I did say Gateway. They used to be part of the trinity of shit, but they're actually quite respectable now and their new FX gaming line has gotten some good reviews for giving good performance at a decent price.

Apparently Commodore is back from the 8-bit grave, but instead of consoles, they're building high-end PCs now. From what I heard, they're supposed to be pretty expensive too.

Lol, you really trust Alienware's parts?? At least when you build it yourself, you know you're not getting cheap stuff.

Yea I looked at the voodoo Omen but its ALOT MORE than 4g I think I remember around 6-6500 range....TOO Much...but yes an awesome machine.

To Freestyler105: yes I have opened my machine and looked at everything...and everything is top of the line...everything is the way I ordered it.

how long is your warranty? IF you can send it back and get the parts off new egg, prolly save you 2 grand?

Yeah, Voodoo is known for their high prices, but they definately give you a lot for it. Every part they use is what you can buy from Newegg.com or any online retailer. But it's how they build it that makes it all worth it. They use custom Lian-Li cases and their wiring jobs are like no other. I swear...they're like damn magicians or something. The most you can see is the plugs on the motherboard, other than that, barely any cable could be seen. It's just amazing.

If you configure it right, you can get a Voodoo Omen PC for more than $14,000 with monitors, speakers, everything. Now if only I had the money...

If you remember I posted up a configured Voodo for 25g... I'll configure it again and post it up.

To Freestyler105: yes I have opened my machine and looked at everything...and everything is top of the line...everything is the way I ordered it.
Ha, most of the parts are nowhere near top of the line.

Ever look at the brand of the power supply?? What's it's efficiency rating?
And your water cooling setup, I bet that has just the BEST parts in it :rolleyes:
Your hard drive is 7,200 RPM with only 8MB cache. Laughable next to a Raptor.
Your integrated sound card??
Patriot RAM?

That's why I'd never get an Alienware.

Back
Top Bottom