Are mid range DX-10 cards capable of perfoming DX-10 graphics?

crysis can be run on high with a 8800 756 mb ram card
they said a 7600 should have no problem playing the card on low settings
(im talking about with 20-30fps)
an 8600 is about as powerfull as a 7800-7900
but dirxt x ten with all the extra goodies and shaders
and some better pipelines
so an 8600 (midrang 10x card) can run allthe games comeing out with
no problem
the 8500 just isnt worth it if your a gamer
but my point is there very powerfull cards and they can all run crysis
witch is going to be the most graphicaly advanced game to date when it comes out soooo there

I believe Crysis will be the first game to show true Direct X 10 capability, whenever thats coming out.

I did think the same thing though, because when the first Direct X 9 games came out, and the low and mid-range cards that came out supporting it couldn't run the games very well at all.

Right now I am considering the 7950GT or 8600GTS, I hear the 7590GT in general a little faster, especially at higher resolutions (which I use). So it sort of a toss up, a little better performance or possible DX-10 capable. (DX-10 may also perform better in newer games). There really is too big of a performance gap in the 8800's and mid range cards.

I've noticed significant changes in Flight Simulator X and Halo 2 using DX10 with a Radeon X1650 Pro. With DX9, naturally, the graphics weren't as "stunning" or "real" as they were with DX10. The changes overall were minor, but DX10 did fill in a lot of stuff that I didn't see with DX9.

So, I'm guessing most of the late DX9 cards can handle DX10. Wouldn't spend too much money going that route, though, as my guess could be completely wrong.

EDIT: Yes, the minor changes do cause significant improvements. I know theres some gramatical errors in there....
Hahahahaha, placebo effect? DirectX 10 needs to be supported in your hardware as well as your software, hence the need for a DirectX 10 graphics card.

Anyway, I'm not getting any new graphics cards until Crysis comes and I see benchmarks that show the card can max out Crysis. No way am I taking my chances with $600 on an 8800GTX to find out Crysis eats it for breakfast.

Back
Top Bottom