help with editing a game file

Spartan109

Fully Optimized
ok so in star wars kotor i have to edit the swkotor.ini file with this line: EnableCheats=1 spelled like that under [Game Options] but when i go to enter the cheat the menu wont pop up.im confused so help would be appreciated and rep to whoever fixes my dilema

i think you can edit ini files by

first of all make a backup copy **

then rename the file to .txt
open it with notepad find the section you have to edit
save it as a .ini file

i think im pretty sure it works with .inf files so should work with .ini

umm just copied this from a website have you tried this ?

while playing press simultaneously Left CTRL & Left SHIFT release it & quickly hit Tilde ( ~ ), ( ' ) or ( ` ) key for the us keyboard & the small ( ² ) for Europe (anyway whatever the button's apearance & is name ( ~ , ' , ` or ² ) its always on the left of 1on your keyboard), then during this game just hit the tilde key ( ~ , ' , ` or ² ). Also, some will just need to hit the tilde ~ key.

It has been reported (Europe) that holding simultaneously the right Alt & 7 then release them & hit again the 7 will do the trick... Then enter any of these cheats codes. Also when editing your .ini file under EnableCheat=1 add this line EnableConsole=1, then hold simultaneously the right Alt & 7 then release them & hit again the 7 & pause the game & enter the wanted cheats.

i think you can edit ini files by

first of all make a backup copy **

then rename the file to .txt
open it with notepad find the section you have to edit
save it as a .ini file

i think im pretty sure it works with .inf files so should work with .ini
you can do that. or you can just open up the ini file straight in notepad, just drag it in. it will even open jpg and stuff but you'll be greeted with lots of code (crap)

yh i know you can do it like that you can also right click and select open with and then notepad and if your like me then you have the notepad option there for almost every file assocition

it didn't work its really odd too because the game acts like the consoles up but u cant enter cheats or anything

Back
Top Bottom