Are mid range DX-10 cards capable of perfoming DX-10 graphics?

thelethalblow

Baseband Member
I have been hearing a lot comments on other forums that many of these DX-10 card will not even be able to play games with DX-10 effects on. Based on an article comparing recent DX-10 midrange cards (ati and Nvidia), all did very poorly in a DX-10 game (See link below). Do you think any of these mid range cards DX-10 cards (8500/8600/ 2600/2400) will even be able games with DX-10 graphics on?

Source:
http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1697,2151676,00.asp (see second half of page)

I'm not sure if we can trust that, seeing as how no DX 10 game is officially out.

Kinda on topic, there was a guy on CoD2 the other night saying the 8800s were simply souped-up DX7 cards and the X1950 does better. All I can say is wow... even they guys own team started shooting him.

Yes there is Company of heroes with the 1.7 is DX10, flight simulator, call of juarez, DiRT is DX10 I believe and other games.

I've noticed significant changes in Flight Simulator X and Halo 2 using DX10 with a Radeon X1650 Pro. With DX9, naturally, the graphics weren't as "stunning" or "real" as they were with DX10. The changes overall were minor, but DX10 did fill in a lot of stuff that I didn't see with DX9.

So, I'm guessing most of the late DX9 cards can handle DX10. Wouldn't spend too much money going that route, though, as my guess could be completely wrong.

EDIT: Yes, the minor changes do cause significant improvements. I know theres some gramatical errors in there....

You cant use DX10 with Radeon X1650, the games will play but be based on DX9 shaders not DX10. The only DX10 card are the 8500's,8600's, 8800's and X2900.

I've noticed significant changes in Flight Simulator X and Halo 2 using DX10 with a Radeon X1650 Pro. With DX9, naturally, the graphics weren't as "stunning" or "real" as they were with DX10. The changes overall were minor, but DX10 did fill in a lot of stuff that I didn't see with DX9.

So, I'm guessing most of the late DX9 cards can handle DX10. Wouldn't spend too much money going that route, though, as my guess could be completely wrong.

EDIT: Yes, the minor changes do cause significant improvements. I know theres some gramatical errors in there....

I pray to god your being sarcastic lol

a single 8800 Ultra can only average 40FPS on Call of Jaqerez or whatever it is called. ive looked at screenshots, quite frankly there not THAT good of graphics.

im NOT buying a DX10 card because i cant afford a 8800GTS 320MB :( anything else is not powerful enough IMO to run any DX10 games on enough settings to really satistisfy me. i would much rather run them in DX9 with all the eye candy on :D

Really? I didn't know any DX 10 things were out/old games patched. Thanks for the info man.

you ever download the lost planet DX10 demo? or some other demo maybe it wasnt lost planet.

also i think DX10 games are a little premature. there is a game yet to be made that shows its true worth.

Back
Top Bottom