160gb Sata 3.0gbs Harddrive over 20gb ATA133?

Xiggy

Daemon Poster
ok guys..i have had this 20gb ata100 or 133 drive for a while (not sure)...but im going to buy an sata 3.0gb/s 160gb harddrive...and i have 2 inputs for sata 1.5 gb/s on my mobo...but 3.0gb/s will let me be full speed when i upgrade again..now im wondering will this help me load my games much faster?..or just a bit?...also i noticed games and etc. install very quickly on my dads laptop (70gb harddrive sata 3.0gb/s) so do games and other stuff install quicker due to faster writing times or would i not see much difference? thanks!

also im mainly switching to all sata (including getting ride of my 2 cd drives that are ata and buying an stat lite on drive that does everything) so taht i get much better airventilation (my wires are wide not tapered in :() do you guys see sata as a much cleaner way for keeping clases nice and tidy? thanks!

also does it make defragmenting times and disk cleanup times much faster? thanks!

umm it will be a bit quicker but if u want even more speed u should get a raptop drive

The transfer will be clocked down to 1.5GB/s.

Which 7200 RPM hard drives cant reach anyways.

Anyways, the speed difference you notice will depend highly upon the condition of your 20 gig drive. Getting a great speed out of a hard drive is kinda hit and miss.

whats a raptop drive?....you mean raptor?..and yeh i just want faster load times etc....thanks for fast replys

meh ill just stay away from the raptors...i dont need that much speed lol

Back
Top Bottom