Dell owns alienware?

Yeah, as much as I hate dell, I will say that not all dells are bad.

I realize that they get their parts from the same place HP, Gateway, or even my place of work gets them, but from what I see and have experienced with their lower end (and higher-end) computers, they just aren't as reliable as people expect them to be.

If you are going budget, get HP, high end and don't feel like building yourself, get a Dell. Wow... I can't believe I just said that.... I'll be back in two days, I just passed out in shock :)

Celegorm, did you just truthfully say what I think you said? You used your moderating powers to influence people into buying... a... You-know-what.

Neg Rep.
Just kidding :D

If you are going budget, get HP, high end and don't feel like building yourself, get a Dell. Wow... I can't believe I just said that.... I'll be back in two days, I just passed out in shock :)

I agree on the HP for low budget, but to buy a Dell at all...:confused:

I have to disagree...if you can't build your own high end system, you shouldn't have one at all...jk :p But really, not Dell even for high end. eMachines is supposed to be better now...even a high end HP is better. You just must make sure it's got the right slots and such, one thing I made the mistake on when I told my brother to buy an eMachines system to find out later it only had PCI slots...

Yeah, as much as I hate dell, I will say that not all dells are bad.

I realize that they get their parts from the same place HP, Gateway, or even my place of work gets them, but from what I see and have experienced with their lower end (and higher-end) computers, they just aren't as reliable as people expect them to be.

Yeah either that or for budget try and find a local place or person that could build for you as my computer shop does an athlon x2 4200 an 80gb hd and 512mb ddr2 and a dvd burner for just under £200 only bad thing is they have no OS but they can also add an OS to that but then it wont be loaded with bloatware . oh and i know they are crappy specs but for a budget home user i woud add another 512ram and maybe another HD say 160gb and they would be good to go for a few years

Haha, I forgot about the local shops (kinda sad since I work at one). But those usually are better than any mainstream for the price. At least, they are where I work. Don't know about the ones by you guys.

Haha, I forgot about the local shops (kinda sad since I work at one). But those usually are better than any mainstream for the price. At least, they are where I work. Don't know about the ones by you guys.

we have this new computer shop maybe ill try to convince brother to drive us down there and check it one of these days :)

ASUS makes some nice laptops too.

I really want the Dell Inspiron XPS M1330 though. Super awesome 13.3" LED screen and it even uses the new Santa Rosa chipset from Intel. :D

Back
Top Bottom