Need Help Quick!!!!!

Although his post was pretty rude, I would like to agree with a True Folder. The processor might be damaged, as well as the cpu slot on the mobo. Take it to a repairs shop.

You also might have fried it seeing as how you didn't put thermal paste on.

Although his post was pretty rude, I would like to agree with a True Folder. The processor might be damaged, as well as the cpu slot on the mobo. Take it to a repairs shop.

In what way do you see my post as rude?? I take slight umbrage at your comment. My post was clear and concise. A little terse maybe but hardly rude.

I doubt his problem is the processor or he would be getting post error beep codes which has not said he is getting. If the cpu or cpu socket was fried it wouldn't boot as far as he has stated it does.

I had this happen to me two weeks ago, stripped a pc, cleaned all the dust out, reassembled and it would boot but no signal to the monitor, reseating all the ram sticks fixed the problem.

I am hesitant to suggest this course of action to the OP as he doesn't seem to have a very sound knowledge of computers at all and could possibly (probably) end up doing more harm than good.

Cheers.

Maybe he wasn't sure what to do, so he asked other people on this forum to help because he saw a person with an unanswered q. I don't know, I wish that the OP would post back though.

I've taken out a processor and put it back in on another mobo with the same thermal paste (the processor was removed from the heatsink) and I had no heat problems and used it for quite awhile before I got a P4 replacement for it, now I need new thermal paste and heatsink so it won't overheat with a stock heatsink. It was a Celeron, do they get hot at all?

As for damaging the processor... You could have bent a pin or pins which makes the processor go in the slot in correctly or not at all. When I bought My P4 (used) I put it in the slot and threw the heatsink on (just for a quick test) and no post. We came to find out that a few pins were bent and it wasn't seating properly into the socket, and therefore not posting... Once the pins were bent back in place it fit in the socket and the mobo posted.

You could have killed your RAM, which leads to no mobo post. You could have also killed your video card, which leads to no picture on the monitor...

If you didn't know what you were getting into on the inside of your PC, why do all that stuff?

I've taken out a processor and put it back in on another mobo with the same thermal paste (the processor was removed from the heatsink) and I had no heat problems and used it for quite awhile before I got a P4 replacement for it, now I need new thermal paste and heatsink so it won't overheat with a stock heatsink. It was a Celeron, do they get hot at all?

Celerons have to be around 67-77°C max under load I believe. P4s should be around 64-78°C, but as someone has said they have a thingy installed so they slow themselves down when they get too hot.

I am really not sure why you did not damage your processor, perhaps it was becaue there was already thermal paste applied, but I do know that it is incredibly important, especially for new processors.

my best bet is to crack open the gutz again and look through everything, get a mate with ya and just look through everything, it could be something wasn't screwed back properly, but why did u do it, u should have taken the caseing off and looked with ur eyes only...

ur ram may be seating in a wrong position
ur processor may be twichy

anything is possible, even if u take it to a computer person, not a retail person, but a "fix it" guy, the retail people brake it and get u into buying their computers with a fake copy of windows or mac, ( my experience )

cheers

Back
Top Bottom