How to Overclock your GPU(video card)! Guide.

Is it the normal one or factory OCed?

Celegorm what is your idle temp? You have any fixed fan setting that helps a lot to, I have mine at 80% and it all the cooling I need for it, it wont go over 70C while gaming.

Mine is the normal. Idle temp is around 60 even during the winter (when my room is the coldest in the house). The fan was fixed at 100%.

is the video card getting cool air blown on the fan...usually if it isnt getting cool air it is getting warm air heated by other compenents :S

Yup, it is at even level with a intake case fan. The 60 degree Idle is normal from what I Have seen on eVGA's site.

what is it under load at default speeds. it should be stable at around 90c. maybe you just got a chip from a bad OC batch cause that is a very mild OC for it to become unstable

is your PCI-E bus running at 100mhz or did you not locked it when you OCed your FSB...

Under normal speeds it's like 72ish under load.

What my PCI-E bus was IDK. After a BIOS update, my over-clock got wiped and I've never changed everything back, so what ever default is, it's at.

then you must have just gotten a bad chip because 72 is quite cool for the 8800GTS. and obvioulsy the PCI-E bus insnt a factor with no FSB OC.

IMO video card OCing is way over rated. you hardly gain any performance

72 is stock, it was 83 when I oced. But even from what I saw, there wasn't that big of a difference. Although, it could very well be because it was such a small OC.

72 is stock, it was 83 when I oced. But even from what I saw, there wasn't that big of a difference. Although, it could very well be because it was such a small OC.

Umm you got pretty high temps even fan blowing at 100%, weird. Right now mine is at idle at 53C with 80%, I dont go past 62C when gaming. All these temps are with my current OC.

Thanks for the coments guys!

then you must have just gotten a bad chip because 72 is quite cool for the 8800GTS. and obvioulsy the PCI-E bus insnt a factor with no FSB OC.

IMO video card OCing is way over rated. you hardly gain any performance

Depends my OC increased my 3dmark score from 7900's to 8700's.

Umm you got pretty high temps even fan blowing at 100%, weird. Right now mine is at idle at 53C with 80%, I dont go past 62C when gaming. All these temps are with my current OC.

Thanks for the coments guys!

Depends my OC increased my 3dmark score from 7900's to 8700's.

ive never trusted synthetic results ever since everest ultimates benches were the same while running 2 instances of prime AND the benchmark:confused:

Yeah yo can see the difference in benchmarking programs at game with my OC it would be like 8% increase in FEAR

Back
Top Bottom