Dell owns alienware?

^^^because they prob fit you needs. your not using it for 20 diferent things. Y wastse money on a computer you wont even use.

well yeah my parents basically use it for internet ,ebay , listening to music and general ms office stuff so it dosent need to be some 2grand computer just for that
my custum build see sig is simmilar but the mobo is slightly better as well as the processor
the only thing i dont like about my dell is that to mount a new hdd you either need to get a special hdd mounting bracket or a 5.25"to 3.5" bay converter as the one hd is mounted in a weird way

o, as long as u like it and it runs good

well TBH i dont like it i would much prefer a gaming machine but financial situation aint great so i got what i got and i live with it , i knw there are far more people less fortunate who dont evan have one computer so at least i have a couple of all be it low spec ones compared to others but it does the job i suppose

Dell owns Alienware, and HP owns CompaQ and Voodoo. Now, in case you never knew, NEC owns ViewSonic.

I've went to NEC the other day. Serious company, I admit.
Well good news. Dell just revamped both laptop and desktop lines. The Dimension line is now dead. From now on, budget to mid-range is also known as Inspiron. Same as the laptops.

Also, the design has gone up a step. The Inspiron notebooks no longer look chunky and big but rather look more fluid and elegant. Especially the XPS M1330.

Customization is also a big factor now. All Inspiron laptops now have a color choice. They don't look too bad either.

5211_large_xps_m1330_open.jpg

5212_large_insp_eight_colors.jpg
The black one's nice, but if you ask me which one to take, It would be the blue.

Dells are not crap. I have a Dell Inspiron 4000, im not sure how old it is, but it was made for Windows ME, when i got it it had a few problems, but i just wiped the HD and fixed it up, and now it runs perfectly. The only problem is i sometimes have to hold down the power button to turn it on.

Dells are not crap. I have a Dell Inspiron 4000, im not sure how old it is, but it was made for Windows ME, when i got it it had a few problems, but i just wiped the HD and fixed it up, and now it runs perfectly. The only problem is i sometimes have to hold down the power button to turn it on.

Like I said Dell computers are fine. It is the programs and wastless crap that comes with and on it.

Bloatware is common with popular OEMs like Dell, HP and Sony.

It's a hassle to setup at first, but when you get around to either reformatting or just deleting all the junk that is preinstalled, they all work fine.

Dell is nice for budget-high end laptops, they're really fine for anything, but if you're really looking for performance in your notebook look into ASUS. The drawback to ASUS laptops though is that they don't have an official vendor so you'll have to go onto the ASUS website to find out where you could get your hands on one.

Yeah, the old dells are great, I would pick one up if I could.

I've had quite a few older Dells ranging from P1-P3 systems. Great systems, but just about every one of them had hard drive problems, all of the problematic hard drives were Maxtors, bad choice of drives by Dell I say. I can't comment on anything newer, but I haven't heard a lot of good things on them. I didn't like the case designs of Dells, no room for upgrades, or it may have had drive rails, but they didn't come with the system when I got it, which is why I prefer systems that screw directly into the case and drive, more universal.

Yeah, as much as I hate dell, I will say that not all dells are bad.

I realize that they get their parts from the same place HP, Gateway, or even my place of work gets them, but from what I see and have experienced with their lower end (and higher-end) computers, they just aren't as reliable as people expect them to be.

If you are going budget, get HP, high end and don't feel like building yourself, get a Dell. Wow... I can't believe I just said that.... I'll be back in two days, I just passed out in shock :)

Back
Top Bottom