TV-Tuner card

Ok that's cool .. but you see this one:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-032-HA&groupid=701&catid=56&subcat=169

..it only has a Composite connection doesn't it? Also, does it come with any cables for this? Because my 'Composite' cable that came with my GPU doesn't fit into the back of my Sky DigiBox (Aerial In) .. what am I supposed to do?

Thanks in advance.

No, it's a coaxial connection, not a composite. Coaxial is the cable that comes from your aerial, composite is the cables that are used for DVDs/consoles etc.
The one that DirtBikeRidr linked to is a better buy, it has coaxial, composite and s-video connections so should cater for all your needs.

Matt

No, it's a coaxial connection, not a composite. Coaxial is the cable that comes from your aerial, composite is the cables that are used for DVDs/consoles etc.
The one that DirtBikeRidr linked to is a better buy, it has coaxial, composite and s-video connections so should cater for all your needs.

Matt

:rolleyes: Well if that's the case, I'll need to buy another coaxial cable right? The digibox doesn't have an S-Video cable, presuming that's where it'd go.

Nice choice lhuser, although I havn't got one I have heard nothing but great reviews on it. Hauppauge make great cards.

Matt

Depending what kind of connection you have, some TV TUners will own a multi selector. Let me get the one I'm getting.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815116631

Best and works with Media Center.

Excellent.

Here's the UK one :p

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-027-HA&groupid=701&catid=56&subcat=169

I guess it's a very good choice indeed. If I were to connect my consoles up to my computer somehow, would it involve using this TV tuner in some way? Or if I need additional equipment? .. I'm guessing I will, but is it OK if you could tell me what please?

Thanks in advance.

no all you need is a capture card and a half decent cpu to be able to stream the video without any lag. if you have a next gen console you can play in high-def :D

no all you need is a capture card and a half decent cpu to be able to stream the video without any lag. if you have a next gen console you can play in high-def :D

Capture cards look verrry similar to TV tuner cards... Are they completely different then? Can Capture cards be used to watch TV as well? Also would a 4200+ X2 processor be alright?

capture cards\tv tuners same thing really. as long as you can stream live video through the input then your fine. also that cpu shouldnt hold you back at all :D

So would the card presented earlier by DirtBikeRidr in a previous post do the trick for my consoles? Just plug it into the S-Video in aye?

Thanks in advance.

Well TBH the S-Video cable I got with my graphics card doesn't look like it'll be able to connect any of my consoles anywhere .. surely I'd need something else to plug the scart connectors into a device which supports an S-Video out? Presuming it's the S-video ports I need.

Anyone? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom