Antivirus Suggestions

Avast is another good free one. I use AVG on my desktop and Avast on my notebook (I like variation). They both seem be about the same in virus protection and the use of resources.

I also use Avast on my notebook. I tried AVG and it was fine, but I do not like the layout (I know I am weird), so I used Avast and actually I love it.

Yeah there is a free version. And I am sure that it has all the features that you would need.

Avira Anti-Vir

I use that on all my computers, and never had a prob.

Don't think its to ram hungry never bothered to check, but that does leave me wondering.

What is the one that uses the less resources?

Avira Anti-Vir

I use that on all my computers, and never had a prob.

Don't think its to ram hungry never bothered to check, but that does leave me wondering.

What is the one that uses the less resources?

Yea his computers run faster then mine(There better). But Mcafee takes wayy to much space on my computer. I guess i do not have alot of memory. But go with anti-vi:cool:

I have AVG on my machine...i really like it. I had Norton...but i hated it! it would tell me it found a virus but i could never get it to try and remove it...i was like wow thanks for telling me that sweet little chunk of info there Norton...good looking out.

but back on topc, AVG and Avast are good freebies. Spybot Search & Destroy and Ad-Aware are good, free anti spyware programs as well.

Here's some links from Download.com to download them.

AVG Anti Virus, Free Edition

Avast Home Edition

Ad-Aware 2007

Spybot Search & Destroy

To add a success story for NOD32:

Yesterday I went to my friends house because she was having computer problems. I noticed right away that it was infected, so I booted into safemode and installed the trial version of NOD32 (I have the install file on my flash :)).

Durring the scan, it picked up 13 items. When I restarted into normal mode, It detected infected files starting up with the system and took care of them as well.

Now the computer is running like new and I got a little extra pocket money :)

To add a success story for NOD32:

Yesterday I went to my friends house because she was having computer problems. I noticed right away that it was infected, so I booted into safemode and installed the trial version of NOD32 (I have the install file on my flash :)).

Durring the scan, it picked up 13 items. When I restarted into normal mode, It detected infected files starting up with the system and took care of them as well.

Now the computer is running like new and I got a little extra pocket money :)
What AV solution was she using before you ran NOD?

Back
Top Bottom