Help me with my parents and games...

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of my games are mature rated and i'm 13. lol. I havent went out to the streets and shot anyone...yet. And I really like games with stories too. Online multiplayer slayer seems boring if all you do is kill anyone you see. If it has a story, you can actually fight for something...

Tell your parents your responsible. Then suprise them and do some chores or somthing. And then clean up after dinner. That should work, good luck.

^ Do not do that, it is a pretty bad idea telling them you are reposible.

Instead, have a sit down with them and discuss your feelings, tell them that you disagree with the rating policy of Video Games, and tell them that you are not going to go around copying those games. Do not try to sell them 'fighting for something' line, just tell them that kids should be allowed to play whatever they want, and if they go off copying whatever they see it is not the games, it is that the kids are easily influenced.

Once they see that you have a set standard, they will listen to you more.

^ Do not do that, it is a pretty bad idea telling them you are reposible.

Instead, have a sit down with them and discuss your feelings, tell them that you disagree with the rating policy of Video Games, and tell them that you are not going to go around copying those games. Do not try to sell them 'fighting for something' line, just tell them that kids should be allowed to play whatever they want, and if they go off copying whatever they see it is not the games, it is that the kids are easily influenced.

Once they see that you have a set standard, they will listen to you more.

exactly, and it never hurts to let your parents get involved in the games you're wanting to get...find some screenshots of gameplay and let them read some reviews on it or something...my mom was the same way when Halo came out but my friend brought it over one day and she watched us play some of the campaign and shoot the crap out of each other in multiplayer and saw it wasn't all that bad;)

Maybe you guys are right, but i do not have that problem unless theres sex sceens or really bad language.

but hey! Maybe the sex scenes will teach you some secret moves. Ya never know when or where it might come in handy. joking.lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom