need help with spec of new computer

mikee

Fully Optimized
I am having trouble playing most of my current games on this computer
unreal tournament 2004, NFS MW, Dawn of War, and GTA sanandreas which won't get over 9fps at 800x600. I am thinking of trying some newer games too but I don't care about the max settings I just want to play them without serious lag. These include Halo2 and crysis which I heard can get really high settings and really low settings for crappy computers. Can someone help me with what kind of computer I will need for this?

this is is your rig
My rig
AMD athlon xp 1800+,120gb,200GB hdd,768mb ram
MSI GeForceFX5500 256MB
realtek ac97 onboard sound card
36 kbps accelerated dialup
windows vista home premium
no wounder
i think its time for a major upgrade
if u want to play crysis or halo 2 for that matter your going to need
one

To save money though im using the hdds out of this computer because they are pretty much new

is the x2 3800 any good ?

yes very good cpu even better if you OC. altough i would suggest getting one with a Brisbane core instead of the Windsor core.
A. there cheaper
B. there 65nm so there cooler and more energy efficent.
although the 3600+ is 1.9GHz a 2 second bios tweak could have it to 2.0GHz and even higher. i have my 3600+ running at 2.7GHz :D

if you want to save money by using your current drives then all means do so. just remeber back up the data before you swap because sometimes you have to format when you change motherboards. and even if you dont have to format you will have to reactivate windows with all the new hardware changes.

I would try to save a little more and get the C2D. They are really showing themselves.

Also you can probaly keep the computer for a bit more w. a C2D in it.

I'm planning to upgrade to one.

I would try to save a little more and get the C2D. They are really showing themselves.

Also you can probaly keep the computer for a bit more w. a C2D in it.

I'm planning to upgrade to one.

why?? with my overclock my cpu is better than a E6400 benches so i dont see a problem with AMD? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom