How to Overclock your GPU(video card)! Guide.

Haha, I don't think I'll OC my card again for a bit. Just played BF 2142 after a small OC (no more than 512/815) and i got my first ever Nvidia driver BSOD. I'm assuming things just got too hot, but IDk.

I don't like ATITool's auto feature. It doesn't stop for me when it starts getting artifacts, and eventually the picture gets messed up and it has to turn off and on again.

I don't like ATITool's auto feature. It doesn't stop for me when it starts getting artifacts, and eventually the picture gets messed up and it has to turn off and on again.

You have to go into overclock options and adjust the settings for what to do when a error is detected. Normally when I run this i'll let it run through 3 phases then click abort apply clock and scan again for errors. If it passes fine i'll run it another phase. Then check again for errors. Sucks I thought my 8800gts would get to 700/2000 but it locked up at 694.

Any suggestions how I could get 6 more MHz outta my clock? Does increasing the PCIe frequencies do anything in the bios. I know factory is 100mhz with a max 200mhz.

694 is pretty much the max I would think. If I push mine to 630 I start getting tiny artifacts, and I cant push memory past 950. Thats weird celegorm 8800GTS can reach 560/900(1800) easly.

Yeah I'm assuming it is just heat. My bedroom (which my computer is in) is the hottest in the house. And with my computer pumping out as much hot air as it does sitting right next to it is about 7 degrees warmer than the rest of my room.

In the tests it was getting to about 80 degrees C at those speeds. Don't know how normal that is.

Either that, or a bad frequency combo.

Ambient temperatures have a pretty big impact. I moved my computer from the living room next to a window to the basement where it's always a good 10*F colder, and I get a lot less problems overclocking.

What do you think a EvGa 7900gt can max out at, while being stable w. good temps?

Is it the normal one or factory OCed?

Celegorm what is your idle temp? You have any fixed fan setting that helps a lot to, I have mine at 80% and it all the cooling I need for it, it wont go over 70C while gaming.

Awesome guide man! Very nice job I wouldn't want to overclock my gpu but if i want to i know where to look thanks!

What do you think a EvGa 7900gt can max out at, while being stable w. good temps?

really it is just plain luck. every chip OC's differenctly. one might be able to get 600 the other might only be able to get to 525 just raise the clocks until it is too hot or it is instable

Back
Top Bottom