Difference between evga680i boards?

Whats the difference between these 2 boards besides the $70 higher pricetag? All I can see is the higher priced on gives you a few more raid array options Whats confusing me is this. They look like they have the same PCI configurations just worded different.

Heres the first board EVGA 122 608i

It lists the PCI slots like this

PCI Express x16 2 x PCIe x16 (Same as higher priced)
1 x PCIe Graphics expansion slot (I'm guessing this is a middle 8x slot correct?)
PCI Express x1 2 (Same as higher priced)
PCI Slots 2 (Same as higher priced)

Then the more expensive one Evga 122 680i

It lists the PCI slots like this

PCI Express x16 2 (Same)
PCI Express x1 2 (Same)
PCI Slots 2 (Same)
Other Slots 1 x PCIe Graphics expansion slot (8X of full 16x?)

Um, I am not sure, but from what I can see the difference lies in SATA raid.

I have the cheaper one, and I know for a fact that it doesn't support good OCing on Quad Cores, but I do not think that is it. I would love to know the answer as well.

I'll be using it on a dual core. Lol I was scanning reviews and alot of people claim its a pretty good overclocker. Here were the reviews I came across about quad cores. Does it run vista alright for ya? Also I did see some bad reviews unsure if its dumb people or what. I'll probally just order it and hope its good.

First If you are looking to overclock a quad core, DO NOT GET THIS BOARD, as support for overclocking a quad core is sketchy at best. For those who aren't, enjoy the same technology of the NF68 series models

Second Good BIOS, good layout, good price, you just can't overclock a Quad- but who can afford one anyway

The more expensive one has more cables and such. Also by the looks of it, the more expensive can handle ram speeds of 1200Mhz.

I have to agree with Matty to some degree with the quad. it's not the greatest, but it is getting better with each new BIOS release according to info on evga's forums.

The G.Skill should be fine. As for the multiplier, I think you can, but it mostly depends on the proc if I'm not mistaken.

Enjoy it. Remember to register the board with eVGA, it gets you a lifetime warranty which covers everything but spilling water on the board (so if you fry it Oc'ing your ok).

Sweet I'll probally get it monday. I didn't waste money this time on overnight shipping besides I go back to work Friday so I won't get a chance to put it together till tuesday. I am thinking about drilling some holes in the back plate and wiring this one up really nice. Thanks for the tip though hopefully I get a decent board.

sweet, let us know how it works for you. I was actually thinking about getting that board.

Back
Top Bottom