What CPu can i upgrade to??

jes007

Solid State Member

i have that cpu and although it aint a match for anything real modern like a core 2 duo it is still a very capable lil chip . it also runs uber cool . i had my pc on all day today , mainly idling and doing nothing and it maxed at 28c it is also pretty overclockable with mine getting up to 3.2 and only raising a few degrees but i keep it at stock cos i dont game

thanks for the quick replies does that one have hyper threading??s 2.8 fastest i can go?

If your motherboard can support it, nothing bad. Heck, that would be a double bonus if you can find a proc that has 800Mhz and is faster.

If the motherboard you have does not support 800Mhz, idk what will happen. THe board might down clock the proc to make it compatible, or it might not work at all. Maybe someone else can fill us in here on that.

well i dont know thats why i asked there is a link to my motherboards i think i have 533 bs,

Your motherboard is socket 478, and it says it can go from 1.7GHz to 2.8GHz. So the one i posted is the best you can get, because its 2.8GHz. If you would get a 3.0GHz one then it would probably downclock to 2.8. So thered be no point in getting 3.0.

i see but i wanted to take advantage of hyper threading tech. Can I?? Also will i notice a big diferrence going to 2.8 is it in any way better than the 2.53 i have?

Back
Top Bottom